Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

FF Productions October 2011 trip east

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:59 pm

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:35 pm

:D
Well, I can see the problem.... there is way too much water to fish... where do you begin?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:57 am

I am starting to break down Big waters that I will have to fish in the FLW and Anglers Choice next year and coming years, such as the Potomic, Onieda, and Lake Champlain... First, My fishing starts on the internet,, On sites such as www.undergroundweather.com for weather and past history, then I search fishing reports, formums, And YOUTUBE!! Very good info on YouTube! Thats my one secret!!! Then I search Maps!!! Get multiple maps if possible! If you travel and like to fish many places, A good resource is Trails.com!!! They give you Topo maps and all types good info... Then,, I have BASS magizines Stacked and organized and labeled... I go back and read BASS and take notes on previous lakes fished, techniques used, and KEY WORDS.. I use sticky notes and hang them out side the mag so when there stacked, the tag sticks out saying whats in there... KEY is marking down spots where fish were caught before!!!! But even then,,, Don't count on fishing that spot! I usally use it to see where everyone else is goin to be! Then I look for different things.... I starting to learn tho.. You have to be aggressive and just fish in Crowds.. . Got tons more resources and webs if anyone wants more info... Jeff

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:26 am

:shock:

And that boys and girls... is why I never won a bass tournament... I'm just too laid back (read Lazy) to do all that home work.
:wink:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:47 pm

Filthyfisherman wrote:I am starting to break down Big waters that I will have to fish in the FLW and Anglers Choice next year and coming years, such as the Potomic, Onieda, and Lake Champlain... First, My fishing starts on the internet,, On sites such as www.undergroundweather.com for weather and past history, then I search fishing reports, formums, And YOUTUBE!! Very good info on YouTube! Thats my one secret!!! Then I search Maps!!! Get multiple maps if possible! If you travel and like to fish many places, A good resource is Trails.com!!! They give you Topo maps and all types good info... Then,, I have BASS magizines Stacked and organized and labeled... I go back and read BASS and take notes on previous lakes fished, techniques used, and KEY WORDS.. I use sticky notes and hang them out side the mag so when there stacked, the tag sticks out saying whats in there... KEY is marking down spots where fish were caught before!!!! But even then,,, Don't count on fishing that spot! I usally use it to see where everyone else is goin to be! Then I look for different things.... I starting to learn tho.. You have to be aggressive and just fish in Crowds.. . Got tons more resources and webs if anyone wants more info... Jeff

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I do the same when I travel and fish.

Preparation and organization is key to success in new waters.

There is no shame in learning from others' success...in fact, most of what I know is built from second-hand experience...then experiencing the same success first-hand.

GoogleMaps, YouTube and internet forums are my best friends...oh, and Stan of course...nothing like a local guide :wink: :lol:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

Return to “General Discussion”