10/29/11 Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

10/29/11 Report

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:21 pm

Filthyfisherman and I went out for a few hours today. All I can say is that it was a tough day of fishing. We both caught a few but had to work pretty hard for them. I thought with the overcast skies that the busting action would be going off the charts. Not so. A few small busts here and there but nothing major. Didn't even catch a busting peacock using the classic bubble rig! Oh well,.....
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:53 am

I love this place!!!! Wouldn't say yesterday was too tough... Remember I am coming back from 35-45 degree weather, Fishing in conditions Rain, Cold, and Low catch rates!!! In PA it was fishing 6 hrs for maybe 1 LM Bass and when I was headed into NJ, the catch rate was 3-4 in 6hrs.... So yesterday thinking we catch maybe 5 each in 3hrs!! Take it!!!! And we found a pattern pretty quickly, actually first thing of the day kinda found it.... Two patterns found in the day... I think if we put our heads down, and fished them hard,, We coulda loaded the boat... But yeasterday was relaxing!!! The fish seemed to have split up and spread out, classic Fall pattern. Fish fast, cover water. When you catch something in a place,, run all over the lake fishing those same type areas.. There out there,, just spread out more... Instead catching couple in one spot, you'll catch one in that spot.. So Power fishing time!! But not traditional Power Fishing, Mike Iconelli has a great book on Power Finesse fishing that is a great resource, will make u a better fisherman.. Cannot wait to get my new boat!! Little more speed to get Manu and I around!!!!! Tight lines everyone, Good to be back!!!!

Return to “Fishing Reports”