How to get to Wilson?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

ckjacobus
bait level

How to get to Wilson?

Postby ckjacobus » Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:59 pm

What is the best way to get to Lake Wilson? I have seen it before up off of H-2 but I haven't been there yet and I am trying to go tomorrow, any help would be great. Also is there any picnic areas or playgrounds there at the lake, I would like to bring my family with me and hoping that there was any area like that.

thanks for the help,
Chris
Nothing better than fishing

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:39 pm

There is a park where the one and only boat ramp is. It's called the Wahiawa Freshwater Park and is easy to get to if you are coming from Honolulu.
--From the H2, take Exit 8
--Keep right and you will be entering Wahiawa
--Take the first right. You will see a little convenience store there.
--Continue for about 100 yards and you will see the road veer off to the right.
--Follow that road and you will end up at the park. Easy.
The hard part is catching the fish! Bring some bug repellent for the skeeters at the park.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

typical8o8
angler level

Postby typical8o8 » Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:00 am

another place with a BIG field is behind Wahiawa Middle School. it is a much farther walk though. to get there, you go north on Kam Hwy, make a right on California Ave, drive up about a 1/4 mile or so, and make a right on Rose St. the middle school is at the end of the road. water temperature has been fairly cold lately so fish are somewhat inactive so the boat ramp might be a safe choice. stick to live bait if you can and bring some polarized glasses.

hitoshe
angler level

Postby hitoshe » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:46 am

i remember driving thru wahiawa middle school field and parking close to the lake. but that was closed off years ago. do you now have to park on rose street and walk across that field? is there any fence to go thru? i take wifey along, so easy access is a plus, and any info is appreciated.
thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”