Report 7-24-11

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Report 7-24-11

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:51 pm

Launched today 2-6pm, 8 LM Bass, Sunny, Brezzy, BP 30.04R, WT 84, I started out hunting for peacock only, but got back into Largemouth... Had a few Tuc follow up my lure and few swipe at it... Landed my first fish on my Jerk in Blue Fleck color rigged weightless on 2/0 EWG hook in 4ft by the two points faceing each other by the short cut.. Worked entire bank torward dam, Nada, Headed north to the Kwanza Hut and got 4 LM with my Agent Utah 3" in Smokeshad color rigged texas with tungstin 1/8oz bullet and 1/0 EWG hook. All in 8-10ft water along 90 degree banks one of the fish over 15" easy. Then working back to the dam, I pitched my new lizzard in Blue Fleck color 3/0 EWG hook texas rigged with a 3/8oz bullet in coves and landed two more LM 13" range. At the end I ended up at the Dam at the smerged point running a lipples crank and landed the lunker for the day and TAGGED. Tag#4251 Largemouth Bass, 1.78lbs, 16.5", Girth round 8", 7/24 at dam point... Tagging was fairly easy, I worked as a Medic before giving shots and blood drawing, so expirence helped.. All in all good day!!!! Lizzard caught fish! Almost got my peacock,, Next time...

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:24 pm

funny i was throwing my tube along the quonset hut cliff to with little success on saturday, figured they would be vertical with the water dropping but actually i did better very shallow in the morning and very deep in the afternoon.guess maybe the clouds on sunday helped a bit, was pretty sunny on saturday.

Return to “Fishing Reports”