Lake report for Thur. 3 Apr.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lake report for Thur. 3 Apr.

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:51 pm

The water temperature was 76 to 77 degrees and visibility about a foot or less. The water rose a foot or more in the last few days and with the murkey water, it was very difficult to locate any nesting peacock bass or do any site fishing. We saw hundreds of large peacock bass. Free swimming in the middle of the lake. Swimming along the shore. Sitting in singles or groups... sunning themself on tops of logs and along the shore. However.... they totally ignored everything we tossed at them. It was tough fishing. Even the red devils were spookie.

Other anglers said they caught fish.... just working close to shore and tossing everything in their tackle box.... but it was tough fishing for us.

Everyone did have a fun day on the water though. Well that's why they call it fishing. I'm sure it will be better this weekend.

Aloha,
stan

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

FishinFrenzy
King Sushi level

Fishing WAS tough!

Postby FishinFrenzy » Tue Apr 10, 2007 12:32 am

I fished Wilson on Friday and you hit the nail on the head Stan, the tucs were everywhere but didn't hit a thing. I fished for about 3-4 hrs only to catch 1 fish. I managed to catch a large mouth sitting at the edge of a fallen tree top on a white spinnerbait. He was only 13" but he made my day stretching my line. He also was in good shape and not skinny and sick looking.

Aloha
Dave

"A bad day of fishin is better than ANY day at work"

Return to “Fishing Reports”