picked the right day.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

picked the right day.

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:41 pm

well i guess timing is everything,sorry roadwarrior. it rained pretty much all day, but the wind really never picked up. started out heading up into southfork, figured why not try the grassbeds while the water is high. didnt get anything with kermit but did get a nice 2-3lb bass with a spinnerbait. threw the hook at the boat so we will call him a 3lber :wink: least got to see him before the early release. fished for 2 hours up there with nothing else to show. so i headed down toward boyscout island to try kermit in more grass. as a rounded cowpoint a noticed a very intent bird perched on the paperbark side point. figured the point needed a few casts so i stopped. and man im glad i did!! the whole area exploded with tucs busting before i could throw my crank at the point. i luckily had a pole rigged just in case for bustin and got off a perfect cast into a pile, hook up! nice 3lb tuc. from there it was crazy action for several hours chaing tucs the whole length of paperbark and cowpoint were churning with little waiting! stans report was pretty much spot on as far as action and location. it finally tapered off around 10 and still had busts but the really seperated kind you never seem to be close too. i got tired of chasing em so i headed back toward the graasbeds and the whole way there was busting. all the way to the dam as far as i could tell. dont believe me just ask the gjuys that got ferried out to boyscout island( think they might have actually been boyscouts and scoutmasters)i cant say if the busting was as intense everywhere else as cowpoint but bye the time i got down there they were still having busts sporatically and some really decent sized ones as well. i musta got 7 or 8 tucs and lost as many before i gave up on chasing, many larger ones in the 2-3lb class to very very nice. then caught several nice lmb with spinnerbaots in the grassbeds, reminds me of old times when the grass was the summer pattern all the time. i havent really caught any bass on points or humps or really with any deep technique lately. all shallow in the grass. got a wild hair and went to the falls to get the elusive triple but no luck, guess i was a day late for my smallie hahahahaha. as i headed in at 4 i still saw a few pops and bloops here and there but nothing really substancial. all in all a great day even with the crappy weather(is it summer??) and who says you cant catch tucs in the rain!!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Seems it is all about timing. I'm guessing tomorrow will be slow since they were hitting heavy today. Who knows? I may just have to check it out. Fri. was really windy. Maybe if the winds die down I'll have some luck. Right past Paperbark seems to be the spot,.... for now.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:41 pm

yep as i started out i didnt figure it would be too good so i hit up south for awhile just to see if it was worth more exploration.i actually think it will be if the water stays up. when i found the action all i could think of was poor roadwarrior and your post, if only i coulda told you to saddle up and get down here. hahahah least your close, most of us are too far away to make a short trip.your guard geese gave me some stern looks as i went by the dock, what happened to all the trees up there?? i havent been in so long i guess. is was alot more overgrown before.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:26 pm

I will pay CASH if you take those ducks away. All they do is steal the fish food and $h!T all over the dock! :evil: I didn't make it out until mid/late afternoon. Sounds like I missed all the action. I took my son-in-law and nephew up to Area X with some crawfish. Water was severely stained/muddy. Visibility was only a couple of inches at best. Nephew caught a little LMB and a CC. I caught one CC up there. THat was it. Seems morning it the time!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:13 pm

hahaha perhaps the homeless villages rebounding around the lake might help you with your feathered friends, just leave the geese down near the damn or my son will have some serious words with em! hahaha i fished the grassbeds up there and was surprised to hear crazy man at crazymanpoint!! if it aint him its a good impersonater for sure!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:05 pm

I don't know where crazyman point is, but I've got a great guess! :lol:

Return to “Fishing Reports”