whatdayatink?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

whatdayatink?

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:02 pm

I got this picture of the "jointed lure" from Mark White over on Kauai. Like many fishermen he is always thinking and experimenting to find a better "mouse trap". I haven't had a chance to join some of my lures together and try some field testing yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work. These porcelain lures are heavy and have good action. If you have a heavy rig and need a heavy lure to be able to cast this seems a way to go. I can't wait to see what kind of action it will have. When I showed the picture to my son he said... "Why not? Let's try it."
Whatdayathink??????
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:48 am

I think that this would definitely work and would allow you to have a very large jointed lure that ould swimm very well. I think another good idea would be this: Take two of the small lures and attach them to each other with short (2in-3in) flourocarbon, mono, or braid leaders. Then tie the larger lure to the last small one with a 6in flourocarbon leader. This will give the appearence that two little fish are being chased by one bigger predator fish. In turn this illusion will stimulate the strike instinct of any predator fish and they will attack the rig. You can use as many small lures as you want. This is based on a California style rig called a predator rig. I wish Mark luck with his experiment.

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:25 pm

I would put 3 small black poppers together...and it'll look like a small rock skipper. :wink:

Or...put up to 8 large ones together and you have an eel looking lure :lol:

surfspot
bass level

jointed

Postby surfspot » Tue Mar 27, 2007 8:29 am

You guys got me thinking about some good variations on this theme. I'll try your ideas and let you know the results here. Aloha, Mark
mw

bsp
master baiter level

Postby bsp » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 am

Glad to be of help.

Return to “General Discussion”