HELP!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Justin
bait level

HELP!

Postby Justin » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:04 am

Hi everybody. I will be coming to hawaii around may 30th and i am planning on visiting this lake wilson. I have no knowledge of this place other then it is a fresh water lake and has peacock bass in it. I have been wanting to catch some for along time now. Anywase is this a public place for anyone or do you have to hire a guide or something? And do they have boat rentals? I am clueless. And what are the prices on boat rentals? Pretty spendy i am sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Justin

chris16
bass level

hey

Postby chris16 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:20 pm

hey there ya lake wilson is a public place but u need a fishing permit u can get at wahiawa sporting good or walmart....... and there used to be boat rentals but i dont know if there still is....

JeffFaulkner
bass level

Info

Postby JeffFaulkner » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:21 pm

Justin,

I would recommend going out with a guide. The guide service on Lake Wilson is top-notch. There are boat rentals somewhere on the lake, but again Stan and Chris know Lake Wilson like no one else and they are worth the price. They cover your license and your permit. I went out with them last summer and had a blast. Caught a ton of fish. They are nice guys too.

(This is an unpaid testamonial.)

Good luck. You will love the lake. It is a unique place with great fishing, especially this time of year.
'Piscatur non solum Piscator' ~ There’s more to fishing than catching fish

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lake Wilson

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:19 am

The guy that does the boat rental is Leon Spence..... 808-741-0659 and he's working with Damon.... 808-623-0505.
They don't stay at the lake so you have to make arrangements in advance had meet them there. The boats are 12 foot Livingstons with an electric and small gas outboard motor. Very stable boats.

Aloha,
Stan

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

NO boats

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:01 pm

Justin,

I just got the word that Leon is no longer in business. Sold all the boats, or someone took them?????

I was fishing the lake today and wasn't near Kemoo Farm. But the latest word is that he is no longer renting boats.

Stan

Justin
bait level

Postby Justin » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:01 am

maybe i will just hire a guide for the day then.

Return to “General Discussion”