:D
We found it...
Who lost it?
:?:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey stan where's that boat located I know that was in tuc bay my neighbors I don't think he was using it for a while then one day I seen it floating around morgans. Looks like someone is using it there's a paddle. The homeless aren't using it are they?

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:48 pm

I thought that's the one from Tuke Bay... It's about a 1/4 mile down stream toward the Dam. Been up on the bank like that and hasn't moved in at least 2 or 3 weeks.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:23 pm

WOW That's a very nice rowing dory.
Last edited by Ahnkochee on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:33 pm

talked to my neighbor and he said he was cleaning his back yard and let her loose so its up for grabs he doesnt have paper work he said its just for rowing unstable to mount motor. he got it for free drifting down the river and just held it at his house for a while but never used it. theres two other aluminum boats in tuc bay where all the wood gathers and not tied up and half filled with water from the rain. tuv bay is a hot spot for free floating boats lol!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:39 pm

So no one is claiming ownership of the aluminum boat at the end of Tuc Bay?

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:16 pm

fisher dude wrote:talked to my neighbor and he said he was cleaning his back yard and let her loose so its up for grabs he doesnt have paper work he said its just for rowing unstable to mount motor. he got it for free drifting down the river and just held it at his house for a while but never used it.

Small dories are notoriously unstable so not the best boat for more than one person rowing, and correct, not designed for outboards. I LOVE to row and would like to get it if possible. Anyone willing to tow it to ramp after a day of fishing? I can meet them at the ramp for pick up. I could row this for exercise in my backyard stream. Could reimburse for any troubles getting it to ramp (I have bass lures I can give for the trouble). I also recently had back surgery so would need assistance getting it on my rack, can't lift over 25 pounds. Anyone willing? Available on any days but preferably during the week. Thanks.
Last edited by Ahnkochee on Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:41 pm

IF I go out tomorrow, I could tow it back to the ramp no problem. PM me your contact number and I can call you an hour or so before I come back to the ramp. 8) I had a diskectemy to my L-4/L-5 so I know what you're going thru. Would be glad to help you load it.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:50 pm

roadwarriorsvt wrote:IF I go out tomorrow, I could tow it back to the ramp no problem. PM me your contact number and I can call you an hour or so before I come back to the ramp. 8) I had a diskectemy to my L-4/L-5 so I know what you're going thru. Would be glad to help you load it.

That's exactly where I had my back worked on my 4th and hopefully final surgery just last October (discectomy, 2 fusions, and one bone spur removal from fusion). Maybe I'll get there early and fish the ramp while I wait. My contact info on the way! Mahalo! :wink:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:04 pm

If your back feels like it, you're welcome to hop on my boat and fish for a while then we can grab the boat and head back to the ramp. I'll certainly understand if your back says "no thanks"...

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm

What time you heading out, I just may take you up on that deal, just gotta pop a few 800mg Ibuprofen before I board. Also gotta clamp on my roof racks first thing in the a.m. and dig up my straps.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:05 pm

No set time really. Maybe 0800-0900ish or even after. I'll give you a call in the AM.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:23 am

Aloha Tommy, Mahalo for your help yesterday. One less derelict vessel in the lake. :wink: Too bad the numerous large Tucs suffered from lockjaw, it was fun anyways.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:58 am

Chris folks had the same problem yesterday... they saw lots of large peacock bass, all with lockjaw.
:evil:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:25 pm

It was a pleasure meeting you Ji. It was nice being out on the lake and recovering the boat was easier than expected.

Return to “General Discussion”