Who wants to be on Lunkerville?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

MikeD from Lunkerville
minnow level

Who wants to be on Lunkerville?

Postby MikeD from Lunkerville » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:39 am

Hey guys and gals. My name is Mike D and I host the fishing show Lunkerville. If you don't know the show, you can watch it on the World Fishing Network http://www.wfn.tv/demand/ or online at http://www.lunkerville.com/watchshow.html .

We're in our 6th season on TV and are finally coming to Hawaii

We're coming to Kauai and are looking for a guest to take us fishing and be on the TV show. We're looking to shoot the episode on Tuesday, October 26th. You don't have to be a pro, you just have to have a passion for bassin! We prefer to fish for bass, but any freshwater fish would do. If you have a boat that will fit me, you and a cameraman and you want to be the expert for the day and teach me how to fish your honey hole, drop me an email.

There's no pay, just some gas and lunch money, a bunch of DVDs of the final show and lots of GLORY!

Hope to hear from some of you.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:57 pm

On Kauai, Mark White is DA MAN! Check out some of his vids on Youtube. Search Kauai Peacock bass. On Oahu, Stan Wright IS Mr. Lake Wilson! I'd say focus on peacock bass. You can catch LMG most anywhere, but peacock bass are mainly in FL, HI, and S.. America. Much more aggressive (fun) than a LMG too! 8)

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:11 pm

will spread the word to the kaui bass club. know several guys with boats large enough and with the permits to get on the resevoirs. hopefully some one will help you out.

MikeD from Lunkerville
minnow level

Postby MikeD from Lunkerville » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:24 pm

thanks tracker!

MikeD from Lunkerville
minnow level

Postby MikeD from Lunkerville » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:57 pm

got in touch with mark white and it's a go! we're going to lunkerville :)

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:50 pm

glad to hear it! hope you guys have luck , i hear the waters way down everywhere from the lack of rain and fishing is tuff over there, the last tourney this past weekend outa 10 boats only one brought a fish to weigh! 3 called it quits at noon.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:28 pm

BASSTRACKER wrote:outa 10 boats only one brought a fish to weigh!

Kel? :?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:16 pm

nope i was refering to a kaui tournament, unless kelton is flying over to school them too hahahaha

MikeD from Lunkerville
minnow level

Postby MikeD from Lunkerville » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:54 pm

i spent the day today with mark, filming, fishing and getting a tour or his bait-making operation... we made a great show!... mark is a class act and very personable...the fishing was tough, but we managed a few bites and had quite the adventure at wailua falls... mark advised me to get a pair of tabis for my feet (actually he insisted), but i showed up with my teva surf shoes and i paid for it... my feet are killing me!... nonetheless, i had a great time and this will be a very interesting episode with a lot of adventure.

thanks mark for having us (and for the avocado sandwiches) :)

now it's back to new york city, way too soon.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:35 pm

Please let us know if there is a way we can view the show... on line or something. Sounds like you guys had fun. Let us know when you make it back to Hawaii.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

MikeD from Lunkerville
minnow level

Postby MikeD from Lunkerville » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:12 am

hey stan,

this show is part of our 2011 season on WFN and will most likely premiere in the spring/summer 2011... shortly after the premiere, it will be available to view online at lunkerville.com.

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:53 am

Good luck on the water. But dont bring to much attention to our little lake. Its the only one lakie it on the island.

Return to “General Discussion”