a cautionary tale

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

a cautionary tale

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:53 pm

boca grip at cabelas 124$......postage 8$..... 2 weeks of waiting. not having to hold a 5 lb tuc on the deck between your knees with blood shooting everywhere while you unhook the tuc,cut the split rings, try to dislodge the hook in vain,cut off treble and push it through the other side of the finger and pull it out.........PRICELESS!!! during the whole process having the peace of mind to turn on the livewell and keep the tuc till could get the hook out and clean up the blood for a pic.............EPIC!!!!

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:36 pm

At least is was a 5lb tuc that got you. I know a guy who had a red devil treat him the same way... maybe worse ! Fishing is not for wimps ! Not the way you do it.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:14 pm

I've "almost" had that happen. Its only a matter of time I'm sure.... :? Hope your tetnus is up to date. If you're not sure, get it asap.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:06 am

thankfully yes all shots upto date,was worried about infection but holes seem sealed and no signs of redness this morning,very tender though. tried to extracate the hook with that fishing line method, you put it under the bend of the hook and hold the other end of the hook down,then pull and its supposed to pop right out.......... dont work! and almost impossible by yourself.luckily it went so deep it wasnt farto go out the rest of the way once i got it cut at the bend. i went to the er once with a similar incident yrs ago and they peeled my finger like a bannana!! much worse wound even though they numb you it takes forever to heal and hurts like hell for much longer! i agree with stan less fish but bigger guys for sure, cant belly land a 5lb tuc!!! i was throwing a swimbait with large hooks, paid the price. i dont know how many times ive looked at a boga grip,mostly for the accurate scale............guess what i ordered last night when i got home!! hahahah

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:39 am

And you guys wonder why I bend down the barbs on all my hooks... even the lures?

And use a Boga-Grip.
And use Looooooong Nose pliers.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:51 am

Doesn't need to Boga per se...other lip grips like ones made by Berkley or house brands like Bass Pro Shops works just as well for lipping fish. The cost for those? Under $30 :lol:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:55 am

Ouch thats a bummer. I guess it was worth it.

Return to “Fishing Reports”