RIP Tom Adriance

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

wahiawabasshunter
bass level

RIP Tom Adriance

Postby wahiawabasshunter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Tom was laid to rest today and I just wanted to show him a little respect by starting this post. I was not able to attend his service. Everyone here probally knew Tom. Bass boat with the Cigar and a Beer Catfishing at any random point on the lake. The lake was a special place for him, just it like for most of the people reading this post. Tom was a friend of the family, and when I first met him at a party he told me about the fishing in the lake and i ran there everychance I got. I did what ever I could to get out there. "Imagine a 300lb guy on a 7ft inflatable zodiac with a trolling motor and two batteries" I definatly was the butt of many jokes. Sure enough everytime I made it out there I would sure run into Tom. There bustin here, there, or they aint bustin at all. Tom was a great man whom I respected very much and am glad to have known him, even for just a short time. I can tell anyone who asks that with extreme certainty that everytime I go to Lake Wilson for the rest of my life, a memory of Tom will pop up sometime during day. Toms ashes are being scattered tomorrow at the lake sometime so he will always part of the lake.

Rip Tom

Keith Lewis
basshunter ;)

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Many condolences to Tom's family. When I first started fishing at Lake Wilson in 2005 he was the first person to lead me on the track of catching more fish. It was very appearent how much he loved the lake. Sometimes he would just come down to the boat launch to chat with the fisherman. He was one of the nicest and most friendly guys out there. Since I have returned from my last deployment, every time I have been to the lake I had been waiting to run into him. Allthough it had been awhile since I've talked to him last, he will not be forget forgoten by me. He was always willing to share his knowledge of the lake, and I am happy to have received quite a bit of it before he passed. He used to show me the catfish he had caught and tell me how much his neighbors enjoyed eating them. Ocasionally we would be in our boats fishing along the banks together sharing stories and he would share his beer with me. I think it was the first time I met him, I hadn't fished the lake more than a couple times, and he trolled up to me and asked what I was using, I think it was a big spinnerbait, so he asked "Do you have any kastmasters?" and I said no, then he proceded to dig through his tackle and pulled out a gold and a silver one and he just gave them to me. Then we proceeded to catch fish from the school of tucs that was busting for then next couple of hours. Whenever I had found a school of tucs I would flag him down and he would do the same for me. He was extremely generous and sharing man.

Rest in Peace Tom Fish On

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:10 am

Does anyone have a picture of Tom they can post? I have talked story with lots of folks at the lake over the years but sometimes I never catch their name or I forget. I'd like to see if he is the one I am thinking of. In any case, my condolences to his family. He sure sounded like a really nice guy and good person.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:06 am

I also recently heard of Tom's passing. I was going to ask the family if it was alright if I posted up here to inform you guys. I think his family would like to read all the wonderful things being said about Tom. Thomas Adriance certainly was an ambassador to our hobby of fishing. Like others, he was generous to me in educating me on what lures work and where the fish were biting that day. Every time we'd meet out on the lake, he'd tell me where the hot spot was, or that there was none today. When I first started fishing on the lake, Tom stopped by my house to check out my boat and we must have talked for over an hour about fishing. He'd tell me his techniques, especially for catching catfish, which he loved to do. I certainly hope to enjoy my retirement as much as he did his. I have nothing but fond memories of brother Thomas Adriance.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 am

If anyone knows when & where the scattering of Tom's ashes will be, I'd like to attend, unless its private/family only. Please let me know asap.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:24 am

Well said everyone. All of us have fond memories. The smile. Cheerful greeting. So willing to share his love of fishing. That cigar. :lol:

Things won't be quite the same. Let's all follow his example and continue to make the lake a more friendly, happy, fun place to visit.

Here are a few pictures I found... Tom doing what he loved....

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:46 pm

tom was quite a fixture at the ramp, lots of found memories of launching or coming in and talking story with him, when i heard about the stroke i figured maybe he would still be round but keith told me couple of weeks ago it didnt look good for him.i hope his family can take solice in the fact hes remembered in a good light by many friends and aquaintences. he will be missed by many regulars at the lake.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sat Sep 25, 2010 9:00 pm

Mr. Tom was a special character for sure. I remember him telling me " there aint no fish in this lake ! " And then he would spill his guts on everything he knew. When I first started to fish the lake on my kayak, he would stop by and say hello. One day he was telling me about catching the tucs on his favorite little lure, the" Tiny Torpedo " I had no idea what a tiny torpedo was , so he pulled along side of me and opened up his tackle box and gave me one. I still have it. It was a frog colored one with the spinner blade in the back. He even gave me a demo on the right retrieve. "Just keep them bubbles coming. They love it !.... "
I would always come around the bend and see him tied up to shore, in that blue jacket and the camo hat, cigar in mouth. Most of the time he threw chicken livers for the cats, but if the tucs were schooling he'd bust out his other favorite, the kast master. I thought that he had it made in the shade. He really loved the lake and it didn't matter if he was fishing or just stopping by the ramp to see if anybody was catching. One rainy day, I spotted his umbrella holder attached to his back seat post. I took a picture of it and copied it with plastic pipe from Home Depot. My wife loves it. Stan's pictures of Tom are perfect. Look how happy he was with that catfish.
In closing, I would just like to say that Mr Tom was a gentleman and a friend to all. He will be missed by all those who knew him. The next time I hit the lake, I may just have to hook up my tiny torpedo and give it a go in memory of my friend. BASS ON ! Rest in peace.

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Postby Float Tube 27 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:15 am

As a new fisherman to the lake, I unfortunately never had a chance to meet Tom. However, after reading all the posts I feel like I have missed out on meeting an incredible, generous and kind man. What an example of how to treat others. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Tom was a hell of a nice guy. he always had a kind greeting for me on the lake. sucks to hear that news.
Thanks,

Adam

Tom Jr.
bait level

Postby Tom Jr. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:24 am

Test

Tom Jr.
bait level

Postby Tom Jr. » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:29 am

Thank you all for your kind words about my father "Tom Sr." My fondest memories were of he and I fishing the lake. While many kids were getting trophies for baseball, football, and other sports. My younger brother and I were winning all sorts of fishing tournaments. Our home became crowded with many fishing trophies, new rods, and reels. We were the luckiest boys around... We plan to do a scattering of the ashes later on Lake Wilson and will keep you posted... My father (Tom) passed on with a Rod in one hand, cigar, and beer in the other hand... I miss you Dad... Aloha again.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:25 pm

Glad you posted up. I was going to forward you this link after everyone had a chance to post something up. I've gotta say, your father sure was proud of you, and with good reason. He spoke very highly of you and your chosen profession. 8)

Tommy S.

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:18 am

I've never met Tom, but from what other members has posted, he is an absolute nice guy with a great reputation.

It doesn't really matter I've never knew Tom. His legacy has been left in the hearts of many. He is a great anglers and a great person first and foremost and as such, he will be missed.

Condolences to Tom's family and friends. I'm sure the fishing in heaven is truly great.
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

wahiawabasshunter
bass level

Postby wahiawabasshunter » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:33 am

Tom Jr. I am glad that you were able to see this post. I started this post so your family could see how much Tom will be missed. I never met you but I heard about you through toms stories. I visited your fathers house often because my girlfriend is cousins with the renters in the back apt. I was going to stop by and let your mom know about the post so she could see how fond people of the lake were of your father but seems you caught wind. Sorry again for your loss and we will try to keep your fathers spirit alive through this forum.

Keith
basshunter ;)

Return to “General Discussion”