Finally TUCS!

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Finally TUCS!

Postby Float Tube 27 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I have been fishing Wilson Lake for just a couple months. You might have seen me lately, I am the guy in the red float tube with the straw hat. I have been catching fish but only LMB. I was catching them with mainly worms, hooked texas style. I was looking for the TUCS but just couldn't find them. However, today I think I finally figuared the Tucs out, at least a little. It took some hours on the lake studying what was going on out there. I realised that I wasn't looking in the right place and was using the wrong lures.

Today I caught 5 TUCS and 4 LMB. My best day yet, it was filled with some huge, gigantic hits from Tucs. I found them in shallow water. You could see them running across the shallows then all of a sudden would just attacked my lure. They hit my lure so hard at the end of the day the paint on my lure was all chipped off. One of the tucs weighed over 3 lbs. Great fun and I will be back soon.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Hey FLoat,
I saw you over by BSA Is. last weekend. I was in the red boat. Glad you figured out the Tucs. They are fairly particular on that they like to bite. I've caught them cast after cast on the bubble/gold fly rig, then tried a top water Pop-R and nada, zilch, nut'in, etc. The "Lures & Flies" page on this site is a great source of info also. SO what lure did you find that they liked? I've been wacking the LMB on a red flattail worm.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:34 pm

I see you all the time, I have the silver basstracker I think both days I went out Friday and Sunday you were fishing around boy scout island. That is one of the "right places" usually pretty productive around there. Like roadwarrior said check out the lures and flies page they all work quite well. Remember fish them fast, tucs seem to prefer that, if that doesn't work go slower :D. Sunday I didn't catch any tucs..a bunch of largemouths. All the tucs were doing was chasing or short striking maybe they were full from the ridiculous amount of bait I've been seing.

Float Tube 27
master baiter level

Thanks for the advise.

Postby Float Tube 27 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Thanks for the info. I will most likely be out there tommorow to check the action. I am still debating with the start of football but I think the fish are calling out me there. Hopefully I can get some tucs tommorow.

Return to “Fishing Reports”