How Low, Will It Go?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

How Low, Will It Go?

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Anyone know how low the water level will have to go before they can fix the flood gates?

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Crash
King Sushi level

Postby Crash » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow, that's dropped quite a bit in just 5 days. Are the slats at the launch ramp visible yet?
Crash

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:50 pm

I remember last year when they were attempting to fix the flood gates, I counted about 15 slats showing! :x

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Had the first two blocks showing on the ramp this morning. Epic morning with constant two, three and even a few four pounders attacking live bait. Tied up to a tree and stayed in the same spot all morning. Why move ? I could see down in the water 3-4 feet and could watch the tucs surround my bait as I cast it in. Cast along the shore and watch out ! One attack blew my bait 3 feet in the air ! There were fish everywhere and they were looking for food. I fished two poles, one weighted and one just the hook free swimming. Didn't matter. Had so many doubles I lost count. I would net the first fish, drop it on the deck, and battle the second one. Crazy fun ! Moved to a few other spots just to check them out and saw some more big fish on the bank. They were not interested so I hit my original spot one more time before I had to leave. They were still killing it. What a day !

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:17 am

Pegasus, nice meeting you yesterday. We chatted near that long point by Boy Scout Island. Sounds like you had an unforgettable day out there! Let me know if you need someone to net your fish for you!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 am

I thought that might be you but I wasn't sure. Were you throwing one of the new secret lures yesterday ? I threw a few lures but only had chases and blow-ups. Once I found my Honey Hole, it was nothing but live bait. I have fished the lake for a couple of years now and I have never seen the amount of fish stacked up on a bank like I did yesterday. And active . The action was non stop. There were tons of three and four pound fish all over the place. Sometimes my bait would just be surrounded by up to 10 fish. No joke ! I could see them and count ! Suddenly, one would decide he wanted it and Bam ! Lots of top water strikes on the free swimmer too. Just drag them along the edge, but be ready ! Never got any huge ones, but it was a day to remember with so many 3-4 lb fish ! See you again out there and I will stop and talk .

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:08 am

Again? :shock:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:35 pm

I can't wait for sunday. Hopefully it'll be action packed like your day. This seems to be about the time of year the schooling action happens. I love it when you are in the right spot at the right time and the tucs are just going crazy for hours. One day I was fishing with my buddy at wilson we had probably caught about 8-10 fish each in the previous 5 hours, then we both hooked up in the little cove on the right before BSCI(the one with the fence)then we released our fish again and doubled up a second time...then for the next two hours it seemed at least one of us had a fish on...I think we actually created a feeding frenzy because there was no busting going on before we hooked up, I dunno. It was one of the most memorable days I have had fishing. In that two hour span we must have hooked at least 30-40 fish each all on fly rods.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:42 pm

I have a 4x4 silverado, will I still be able to launch/pull my boat out when the ramp is all dried up. When the lake was really low last year I was deployed and have no clue about what the conditions will be like.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:08 am

ca you should still be able to launch. it got down to 55ft last year before they stopped.last of the concrete slats were out of the water and it was pretty hard mud after that,not the soft stuff.hardest part is there isnt enough water, you have to kitty corner the boat to launch and retrieving it is tuff cause the trailer will be higher than the boat. other than that a determined fisherman might not even wipe the mud off his stuff! hahahah hopefully they dont go lower..........

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:44 am

Pegasus wrote:I thought that might be you but I wasn't sure. Were you throwing one of the new secret lures yesterday ?

That day I was just tossing a spook and a regular F5 rapala. Two days ago though, I lost my new favorite lure. I had never tried it before, but after only 5 minutes, I caught a 3 lb. tuc and 2 bass. Then about 15 minutes later, I hung it up on a submerged tree. Dang, I wish I had a boat at times like these. I'm sure I could've got it free if I had a better angle. This is it, an Xcalibur XrK25 "one knocker" lipless crank. I think it doesn't scare the tucs like the normal raucous lipless cranks with dozens of BB's inside.
I got it at Lake Fork Marina in Texas. They copied Strike King/KVD's sexy shad color perfectly. I have since ordered more, but this color was out of stock from the ebay seller I ordered from.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Return to “General Discussion”