Sunday (8-15-10) Tournament Report

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

HFFA-TC
bass level

Sunday (8-15-10) Tournament Report

Postby HFFA-TC » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 pm

It was a so-so tournament in terms of size but seven out of ten anglers caught fish so technically it was a good tournament.

Kelton won as usual with a nice 8lb 4oz total that included two bass over 3lbs. He said he caught eight bass altogether (we only count the top three for total weight). He smoked everyone else as second place had a total weight of only 3lbs 2.5 oz.

A total of 9 bass and 3 tucs were weighed in. Two anglers had their three fish limit, one had two fish and four had only one fish. Four fish were less than 1lb, four fish were in the 1lb+ category, two fish were in the 2lbs+ and two fish were over 3 lbs.

There were several guys (not in the club) who were fishing with live bait and catching tucs in the 2 lb range. Sometimes (but not seriously) I have this urge to suggest a rule change to go to the dark side. Especially when I end up catching no fish, like this tournament.

A couple of the guys saw some tuc eggs like Stan mention. I wonder if they will survive as the water level has been dropping about a half a foot per day. Remember, Dole has been told to keep the level between 15-20 feet from full. They have been going down to 60 feet before so I guess we can expect to see this level until the rains come back.

I will have to work on my fishing as I can’t seem to do two good tournaments in a row. I won the TOC in January then blanked in the regular monthly tournament. This month I won second place in the Jackpot tournament and then got blanked again. Oh well, that’s why it’s called FISHING.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Return to “Fishing Reports”