Jet Ski Action

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Jet Ski Action

Postby Pegasus » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:50 am

Heard a boat coming up the lake and looked up to see a guy and his kid flying up the lake on a yellow jet ski. Made a big turn at the dam and headed back down the lake. Never got out my camera fast enough to take his picture and he never came back my way. I am sure that is not allowed, but just like guys taking home the tucs, there has to be some enforcement. DLNR ? Anybody else seen a jet ski on the lake ?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:39 pm

Never seen it, but you are right, personal watercraft are prohibited on Lake Wilson.

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:10 pm

They are not allowed but I personally think they should be. I would love to pick up a 3 seater and set it up for fishing. No worse then a big ocean boat on there.

You speak of enforcement but how about all the trash, homeless, and dumping going on. Im sure 1 PWC did not hurt anything

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:07 am

Lrry93 wrote:They are not allowed but I personally think they should be. I would love to pick up a 3 seater and set it up for fishing. No worse then a big ocean boat on there.

You speak of enforcement but how about all the trash, homeless, and dumping going on. Im sure 1 PWC did not hurt anything

Not attacking you personally...But that kind of mentality is just the same as saying "I'm sure one pickup truck of dirt did not hurt anything."

Any illegal act should be reported...to make the legal system fair for everyone. :wink:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:06 am

As long as they use it for fishing
and not break the speel limit.....?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:26 am

Are you sure it wasn't DLNR?
Last time I saw a jet-ski tearing around on the lake... it was them.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:11 pm

They were cruising at a high rate of speed. And I doubt DLNR would bring a kid along for the ride. It was the first time for me. Wish I had taken his picture for my post !

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:49 am

So an update on this. My info prior to this was from DLNR who knows nothing about the lake. I spoke to DAR regarding this and there is no law regarding the use of PWC on the lake. Nothing saying you can or cannot. Their standpoint is to refrain from using one. The laws were made before PWC existed.
So basically as long as you are following lake regs nothing can happen because you are not breaking the law. All of you can be upset as you want about one being on the lake but I am in the market now to add a second one on it. The Saltwater, Ranger, Tracker, Stratos, ect... boats with big HP motors throw more wake then a jetski or waverunner ever could dream of. I want a multi purpose boat (fresh and salt) that takes up minimal space at my house and that fits the bill.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:07 am

I think they just don't want it to become a jetski recreational race track lol! With all the winding turn on the lake would be a blast. As long as you use it for fishing! Its cool with me!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:59 pm

i fear the opening of a flood gate.............once one is seen even if driven by a responsible person 100 assholes will follow.........

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:21 pm

What are you saying about the boat guys lol???? There are already plenty of assholes on the lake. You would treat them the same as a boat. The whole lake is a no wake zone and the speed limit is 5mph. So if you are going to complain about a ski then you would also need to complain about almost every boat on the lake. During the jackpot tournament alone I saw speeds in the upper 30's to 40's from more then one boat. Here is what I am going for.

And a article on their use in Hawaii
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... CCUQ9QEwAw

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:40 pm

That thing just needs a few more rod holders !

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:52 pm

yep and a trolling motor!its not so much the craft i think, actually my friend and i started many years ago on a hobie cat that the mast had broken off, got alot of weird looks but actually it had almost no draft and cut the water with no wake or resistance and was the most stable fishing platform, and right at water level! i think its just the idea of people using the lake for other than fishing.i once saw a huge deep sea boat with flying bridge come hauling down the lake with twin 150s on it!! i think they were testing the motors cause the roared by nearly swampin me and roared back about 10 min later, any crafts only as responsible as the owner! and yes more and more full size bassboats on the lake seem to be getting a bit heavy handed, myself included.course you and roadwarrior were the first outa the shute that sunday ;)

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:00 am

Thats why they call it "Blast Off!" :lol: I guess thats mainland style T-fishing..... :lol:

Return to “General Discussion”