downsize

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

downsize

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:04 pm

56 degrees at launch ramp this morning brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.started out slow, checked south fork hoping to maybe see some spawners moving shallow. nada. threw variety of lures but not takers.started to run and gun with a series 5 crankbait. no takers. as i moved toward the main basin my graph showed fish hovering at a constant 7-12ft range.retied a much smaller bandit crankbait about 11/2 in. long dives maybe 7 ft tops results on the 3rd cast. nice 1lb fat little bass. 2 more followed as i continued to work the steeper banks. put on a 1/4 ounce spinnerbait with no trailer, got 2 more about the same size. nothing on a jig or worm but got 2 more around a 1lb on a small rattlin rogue jerkbait. they seemed to be susspended.top waters nothing,anything along the bottom nothing,had to be at a certain depth to get em.hadsomething huge grab the jerkbait, suspect a 4-5lb tuc, it was big enuff to pull a cinched drag out and pull a boat 180 degrees to the side as it ran. but the hooks must have been just too small to get em good, it came off and i never got to see what it was.finally lost a last bass at the boat on a small swimbait. 8 bass, 7 landed and a small catfish, with one near record mystery fish. all in all a great day!! who says winter fishing sucks!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:50 pm

Have the bass been biting good I caught 2 during the weekend by mistake can't remember the last time I caught 1 I think it was last summer

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:45 pm

duno havent been out since dec and it was slow that time. started slow i figured i made some good lure choices and found the right places to use em. course being lucky can always help

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:59 pm

Chris had a good day Wed.... with three over 3 pounds. Most were 2 and under. Missed a bunch of blowups. Good day.

Thursday.... same places but limited success. All very small peacock bass.... and one teany tiny bluegill.

What a difference a day makes.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Fishing is like a box O chocolates,........... :roll:

Return to “Fishing Reports”