Army MWR Fishing Tournament

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tkpeltier
bass level

Army MWR Fishing Tournament

Postby tkpeltier » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:45 am

The Army MWR is hosting a fishing tournament in the lake on Jan 23. I signed up as soon as I saw it in the paper but there were only two other guys on the list. Anyone else planning on fishing this?
Catch and Release!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:05 pm

I'm guessing you gotta be active duty? I wonder if the peeps putting on the tourney know that the wintermonths suck for fishing?

tkpeltier
bass level

Postby tkpeltier » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:00 pm

I'm going to say no because I am on the lake all the time and have not once seen any of the MWR guys out there. Should still be fun though. I'm thinking that if they don't have a good turn out from active duty guys they might let anyone in. If I ask Pete up at MWR would any of you guys be interested?
Catch and Release!

DBSweetwood
bait level

Postby DBSweetwood » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:53 pm

tkpeltier, did you find out if they will let non-military enter. I went by today, and they didn't even know where their fliers for it were. I don't think they have many entries. Me and a friend will be there though. I would like to see a lot of people out there.

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:11 pm

ya its VERY off the radar , not on thier website or anywhere ive looked. perhaps someone needs a new promotions dept. so any idea yet if its military only still? vets allowed?or anyone? rules?prizes? is it even still on?

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 pm

hey i got a fly from the px and will type out most the rules. its open to the following peoples: AD,retired,and other military working or residing on an army installation, army res,national guard and their family members, dod and aafees employees to include dod contractors that work on an army installation on the island of Oahu. its all catch and release with photos measurements and weights being taken and then the fish released. there is a mandatory meeting the 19th 1730-1830 at the outdoor rec. all fisherman must be present. cost 20 bucks. and entries must be recieved by the 15th at 4pm. that is the whole tournament in a nutshell. anybody got any questions i can try and get a few more flyers and meet someone some where.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:09 pm

I hate sounding unsupportive and pesamistic, BUT,...... with those limitations, I don't forsee a good turnout. The last touney that was open to anybody and everybody only netted 10 boats! (I placed 5th by the way! :roll: ) I hope it is sucessful though. I'd be willing to take an active duty guy out on my boat so he could enter.

wahiawabasshunter
bass level

Postby wahiawabasshunter » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:00 am

Does'nt sound fun to me at all..
basshunter ;)

Return to “General Discussion”