Dead Slow Fishing

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Dead Slow Fishing

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm

So a buddy and I went out today to the freshwater park. Saw a ton of bait fish schooling and fish chasing them and bustin' the top. But no luck. I mean we threw everything at them. Topwaters, plugs, cranks, plastics, you name it and nothing happened. But lucky there is always tomorrow and I can give it another go round. Hopefully somebody else had some better luck than we did. :?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:43 am

It looked like a great day for fishing. I figured with the clear skies, bright sunshine, it would warm the water and bring out the Tucs.

I saw Stan cruising up H-2 enroute to scope out the action.

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:43 am

Maybe he did better but, I guess that they didnt want what we had to offer. Maybe I will run up to the bait shop on the North Shore and see if they have anything else that I can sling at them.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:02 pm

Ill give you a hint curlytail match the hatch when u go to the store in haleiwa ask them how they normally rig the curly tail they can sell u what u need its been working for me! I did the same thing the other day busting around my boat and nothing. Thought about it all nite next day and on started bangin um on the schoolers.

Salmon_Slayer
angler level

Postby Salmon_Slayer » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:26 pm

Thanks for that. I will surely take all the help that I can get. Have to get some white senkos to use too.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:48 pm

Just imagine using the bubble rig, except replace the bubble
with a 1/4 oz. lead weight. The fishing supply place will show you how to rig it. I think the guys I say catching schooling fish on Sunday afternoon were using clear twister tails with colored glitter. "Firecracker" I think they call it.

You can fish it shallow or deep.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”