bass

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

fisher dude
King Sushi level

bass

Postby fisher dude » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:09 pm

Any body got tips on catching bass I tryed a 3 inch pumkin senko on the north fork pitchin it with 8lb test in cover and grass slow no weight and not a damn thing lol! Any body got tips on this. How is the north side by morgans going up towards the bridge any good for bass? Bass nothing like mainland bass fishing!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:00 pm

actually sounds like you were doing everything right. with tucs you jerk and pause keeping a pretty good tempo, small white,clear or silver work best. bass ive had much better luck with pumpkin,tequila sunrise(kinda purplish)and white with chartreuse. throw em into cover rigged weedless and weightless, or just outside cover rigged wacky style. both have worked well for me. throw it and let is sink,keeping tension on the line but not enough to stop the decent and every once in awhile raise the tip. 75% of my bites arent even felt till i raise the tip and have pressure on the bait!

fisher dude
King Sushi level

bass tracker

Postby fisher dude » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:00 am

thanx for the info maybe i just threw them in all the wrong holes by luck lol! what side of the lake is better for bass south,main basin,north fork is there a noticable difference. probly gonna try to figure the bass out since the tucs really arent biting all that well and different type of fishing kind of getting bored with the tucs untill they start busting again or spawn. hows the line i just go as light as possible so i get more strikes but what line class do you folks use when using soft plastics?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:24 pm

i dont feel theres much of a diffrence in where the bass are,others may disagree. the great thing bout largemouth is you can pattern them, tucs in my experience you cannot.if you get a bass from a point,you can almost guarentee another from another point, catch them from wood cover and expect to be trhowing into trees all day. they can actually get VERY specific in the pattern but i like the chase. course i may be just reading to many bassmaster magazines too hahahah

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:17 pm

Ok thanx for the info ill try it tomorow evening try and get a bite first then try find a pattern before the sun goes down!

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Pattern fishing

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:32 am

Sorry basstracker, I disagree about pattern fishing tucs. I think you can. I think all species of fish can be pattern fished to some degree. I applied the concept of pattern fishing to saltwater and it has improved my whipping. I think it is one of the most important skills you can learn. Keeping a fishing log also helps, but I am to lazy to do that.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:25 am

I'd normally agree with 007, but Stan and all of his notes on the Tucs can confirm Tucs don't care about patterns.

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:56 am

again, just my opinion. but i think ALL fish can be patterned. Tucs may be ALOT harder to pattern than some of the other fish, but i think they can.
Thanks,

Adam

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:40 pm

think i touched a nerve ,oops. thinking on it id have to say tucs and all fish proboly can be patterned to some degree, although i think tucs tend to follow less stringent patterns due to the aggressive nature, find some shad and the tucs are close by, get a bait in front of them moving and good chance you will get one.course live bait is like samuel colts peacemaker right.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:43 pm

I'll be glad to give you as much of the information that I have from the tagging.

I'm still looking for a pattern... any help will be greatly appriciated.
:D

If there are patterns, I think they may change from day to day, even hour to hour. :?
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 am

No worries, basstracker. I think it is good to express your opinons whether we agree or not. I think disagreement makes you think more. Would be kind of boring if everyone agrees on everything.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

Believe it or not I've caught the majority of my big LM Bass trolling, and my favorite lure has been 1/4 oz. brass color Rattl-Trap lures or reasonable fact similes.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:52 pm

I remember fishing live bait off the points... fish it just like a plastic worm.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”