weird tip

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

weird tip

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:16 am

This tip works for tucunare and kaku. Occasionally a tuc or cuda will break your line. The majority of the time, if you are using a floating type lure, you can get your lure back. Just watch the area where you lost your fish and the lure will float back to the surface. It usually takes few minutes.

Last Sunday I had a good one on and he dove to the bottom and I could feel him rubbing on some sunken timber. The fish cut my line and I thought I lost lure because the fish was kinda of stuck. The fish were biting good so I stayed in that one spot. About an half an hour ( maybe longer ) later the lure came back to the surface and I got it back. That is the longest I ever had to wait to get a lure back.

adpetree
bass level

Postby adpetree » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:56 am

good tip!!
Thanks,

Adam

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:27 pm

I wonder what that fish was doing with your lure for half an hour ????

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:41 pm

That happened to me at Haleiwa when I lost a kaku on a Zara Spook. I stayed on the look out for my lure and soon spotted in bobbing in the surf. I waded out to get it and got bit on my foot by a small eel. It was worth it. LOL.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:50 pm

Clay and I were fishing the Ala Wai when a barricuda hit Clay's popping bug, then cut the leader. We saw the big green fly floating toward the surface when another cuda hit it... a minute or so later the popping bug surfaces about 10 feet from the boat. Before we could get to it... another cuda hit it as it floated on the surface.

Clay finally got the popping bug back.... and retired it.

This is a picture of Clay's Popper with an earlier fish.
:D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:03 pm

Hey All,

I've had similar luck with large mouth bass. Though it's often refered to as "dead sticking". If the winds are up, just let your baits sit, and watch for the explosions :evil:

Just cast out your floating lure ( I usually fish 5" - 8" trout swim baits), just twitch a little, and wait. Sometime's I'll wait 2 - 3 minutes, before I twitch it again. A when you least expect it, bam!

Trying walking a Lucky Craft Sammy. Retrieve with a really long pause's in between your twitch's. You'll be surprised.

Mel "Kahuna bass"
Darkside "dead sticker" :twisted:
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “General Discussion”