Good tackle shops on Oahu?

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tkpeltier
bass level

Good tackle shops on Oahu?

Postby tkpeltier » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:08 pm

I'm having a hard time finding a tackle shop on this island that has a good selection of lures that can be used on the Lake. I've been looking for some smaller buzz baits and some crankbaits. I'm thinking about buying KVD's Sexy Shad kit from Bass Pro. You guys out there have any suggestions?
Catch and Release!

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 pm

except for very basic live rigs and some rapala or japanese lures your pretty much better off using internet orders. sexy shads a great color at times i think, but 60$ for the kit is a bit over priced. id get maybe 2 or three lures in that color, maybe a couple of cranks ans a spinnerbait. save the dough and diversify.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:35 am

There aren't any good tackle shops here. Sports Authority sometimes have a BOGO half off sale on Rapalas, but they don't have the good stuff like the DT cranks or the skitter walks. Freshwater anglers are SOL here. Try tacklewarehouse.com They have an awesome selection and give discounts periodically if you join their emailing list. I just bought a bunch of topwater baits from them. The Lucky Craft Sammy is awesome!
For cranks, the Bandit 100 series is good. Small enough for the lake. Lucky Craft 0.5 RC from basspro is really great, but expensive. I've made a thousand casts on Lake Wilson with a buzzbait, but have never got bit. That's just my experience though.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:21 am

I once caught a LMB way up the north fork on a buzz bait. I'd use it again, but its still up in a tree! :oops:

Agreed that Bass Pro Shop, Cabelas, or any internet mail order is your best bet. Sports Authority has more than most other shops on island.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:38 pm

Brian's Fishing Supply on South King St. has some minnow type lures and some nice spinning rods... He brings in some Bass Pro stuff.

I'm not saying I order a lot of stuff from the mainland, but the phone order people at Cabela's recognize my voice and can pronounce my street and city name correctly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:07 pm

Greeting All,

Ordering online is your best bet. Check out the following sites for tackle information:

www.tacklewarehouse.com
www.japantackle.com
www.tackletour.com
www.monsterbasstackle.com
www.bassproshop.com
www.landbigfish.com
www.cabelas.com
www.bassnation.com
www.perfomancetackle.com

Just to name a few. Sorry for the SPAM :twisted:

These are some of the site's that have aided my addiction for good fishing gear!

Have fun Skunked!! Enjoy the new Core 51mg. Now you got me looking again........

Mel "Kahuna bass"
Jr Tackle Ho, Skunked is the King of Tackle 8) Ho's
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

Return to “General Discussion”