Dougie Saves My Day!!!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Dougie Saves My Day!!!

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:39 pm

OK, talk about the worse time to make @$$. Today, I get to the boat ramp about an hour early to lauch for the Jackpot Tournement. Well, I didn't follow my set routine and it bit me in the butt! I failed to secure the rope from the bow to the trailer so when the boat slid off the trailer, it kept on going!! :oops: Talk about feeling stupid! And I sure didn't want to post it up here, but Dougie insisted, after all, he swam out and retrieved my boat in 68* water!! Looks like I owe Dougie big time! Big mahalos Dougie! 8)

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:56 pm

who won? how many enrties? any photos? and when is the next one? my boat is still not ready! :cry:

aloha,
Badbass
one badbass fisherman

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:05 pm

Forgot to add,... I didn't come in last place as I expected to! :lol: The fishing was tough though. A few teams got skunked. We were ready for the morning bust around Kemoo Is. area. Had a few small bust, but unable to catch anything. We fished our okole's off to no avail. Tried several rigs but nothing seemed to work. We figured out (hours later) they were down deep. We still didn't get anything. Finally about 1:00 pm, we came back to the main basin where they were periodically busting. Thanks to Stan for showing us the clear bubble rig. I put on a gold fly, courtesy of Nervous Water FLy Fishing, and finally landed our only fish of the day, a 2 lb. 11 oz. Tuc.

I'm not sure if I like tournement fishing, at least with lures only. I go fishing to relax, and making it competative isn't relaxing for me. It was kinda fun near the end when they were busting all around us, so at least we knew there were fish down there!

I did meet some anglers that I haven't met before. The guys putting on the tourney were cool and asked for feedback. I'll probably do it again next time. Overall, it was pretty fun.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:09 pm

There were only 3 teams that had the 3 fish limit IIRC. 1st place was the guy from HFFA that usually wins all of their tournes. I forget his name. Starts with a K. Only 9 boats showed.

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Man wish my boat was ready! Not that i think i would place but to have fun and put faces to the names on this forum. Hopefully the next one is soon! my boat is almost ready.

Thanks for the feed back,
Badbass
one badbass fisherman

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:30 pm

we didnt laugh to hard at the boat incident ;) ive seen worse trust me, good ole dougie deserved some serious props for jumping into that water for sure! fishing was very very tuff. same as tom we threw the dice and fished south fork all morning to no avail, deep, shallow,nothing.finally made our way to the main basin and found the other boats working the banks hard. guess we made the wrong call and missed the better fish. still lucked into the busts and managed to get 3 tucs, i hate chasing tucs in small busts i just knew that it wouldnt be enough weight, but thought 3 would place us, i was wrong hahahaha dougie called it kelton won top 3 went to hffa guys, they earned it with some nice tucs and a few nice largemouth.was alright id do it again maybe fish more to my strengths, i prefer slower deeper fishing. but hell we didnt zero out so i guess thats something! did have my buddy wrack my new prop tacking a chunk outa it! damn 80$ and used 3 times and now busted up. expensive day for sure!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:19 pm

How did he do in the tournament? I bet he caught something. No matter.....
Dougie deserves the Sportsmanship Award for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like everyone had a good time. Don't feel bad... There have been many HFFA tournaments when guys went white wash.

Mayhaps next year there could be a live bait tournament....
I bet there would be a lot more people involved.
:?: :?: :?:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”