Double digits

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

boneless
bass level

Double digits

Postby boneless » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:48 pm

Had my first double digit day on the lake today. All tucs, all on flies. I think the grand total was 12 which I know many of you would call a slow day but it was more than 2x my previous best. OK, now the full disclosure part: all but 3 of those fish were pretty little, mostly 8-12". The 3 respectable ones were in the 2lb range. Remember when you look at the pix, as I've claimed before, huge hands. Now for the possible criminal confession full disclosure part (I think Chris Wright may have witnessed this). When I was fighting one of my small peacocks, a big guy (5+lb) took a swipe at it. I released the small fish more or less unharmed then kept casting hoping to hook the big one. Any of you who fish with a fly rod at the lake have had the experience of VERY small tucs chasing your fly. Well, today one of them got mine right when I was lifting my line to make a backcast. The poor little guy (maybe 3" tops)got flung right out of the water then right back in before I was really aware of what was happening. I'm sure you can guess what happened next. The instant that unlucky little aggro tuc hit the water he was inhaled by his big cousin. I was illegally connected for a few seconds though I don't think the hook ever touched the big bully. So my question is; when you go over to the dark side by accident, does it still count? Will this go on my permanent record?

Wherever you go, there you are.

kahuna bass
King Sushi level

Postby kahuna bass » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:45 am

Greetings Boneless!

Excellent fishing!!

But now the disclaimer, "You have entered----The Darkside"! You used the live stuff, to hook, the bigger stuff :twisted: Accident do count!!!!

I've been known to tease the big stuff, with the little stuff :wink: a few times.

I think it's time to throw out the big live baits, not the gold fish, but the 5" plus size live baits.

I'll be back on the island early next month, I'll be bring the big tackle with big swim baits.

Stan, it's time to play :twisted: Hide the fly rods and sissy little bass rods and "go big, and hit for the fences" :wink:

Bass regards, Mel "Kahuna bass"
Darkside live bait slinger....oh yah, swim baiter too
If you ain't fish'n, you ain't have'n fun...Got fish!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:02 am

Justify using live bait howeveryou want. It too late now. You're a "live bait junkie" looking for the next fix! :lol: j/k,....

Congrats on the double digit day! 8)

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:16 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Another one has come over to the Dark Side.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mel, I'll start stocking up on the "big baits"
and loading the 50# test braid into the casting reels.

Come over to the Dark Side, Luke...
use the live bait!
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”