water level

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

water level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:54 pm

they sure are dropping the level down again,gotta be around the 65ft level.maybe we will see the end of the ramp soon again. think its because they are worried about the storms? or is ther some other method to the madness. i was kinda hoping that the 70ft level would be where they left it. not too low not to high but still some grass and trees in the water and most of the points covered up.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:41 am

I'm gonna launch the boat this afternoon. I'll let you know if the slats at the end of the ramp are showing or not. This fluctuating water level really sucks! :evil:

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:09 pm

i havent been out in awhile but was figuring that the lack of posts meant the fishing has been pretty tuff. with the lake going up and down i bet the fish are really skittish.wished i lived 5 min away too id be out more!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:15 am

When I launched Tue. afternoon, there were about 3-4 cement slats out of the water. The waterline was about 4-5' from the end of the sidewalk part of the ramp. :( No problems launching the boat :lol:

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:17 pm

how was the fishing?seems like the water is still dropping,wonder whats up with that.every time i get a chance to hit the lake the water has risen or dropped so much its like fishing a whole other place, i get an idea where to look and how to fish and by the next time i get out its so diffrent im stumped.bums me out i was so hoping south fork was gonna start happening again.2ft deep muddy stream wont exactly hold many fish.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:43 pm

Someone told me they were busting around Boyscout Island. :wink:

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:23 am

Thurs evening while crossing the north fork bridge, it appeared that a boat couldn't even make it passed the bridge. Looked like only mud in the middle of the lake! :evil:

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:14 pm

ya driving home tonight i looked DOWN into the valley where the lake is now and it looks lower then when the were checking that "gate" they were supposedly gonna fix.wonder if maybe theres a good reason behind this drawdown,im all for fixing something!water color looked alright in the main basin but i bet up by the ramp and up north its brown and shallow shallow shallow.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:08 pm

Went out today with my basstracker. The ramp had 15 of the blocks showing. Stay close to the wall so you can stay out of the mud. I was a little worried as I backed my trailer so far in. When does the ramp end ??
Water level at 5 ' at ramp. Water dirty at ramp, but improved as you went towards Boyscout Island. Fish busting at dam early. Liked my rooster tail !

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:43 pm

thought it looked lower then even last time. i wrote an email to dlnr asking for info,hopefully will get a response on whats the situation,if i get a reply i will let yall know.

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:17 pm

This is the lowest I've ever seen the lake. THere were 17 cement slabs showing today, Sunday. You can not longer go all the way around Kemoo Island! The ridge from the island and the ridge from the spillway side are now connected, making boat passage impossible.

When launching my boat, the trailer backed off the last cement slab into the mud. No big deal. Used the 4 wheel drive to pull it right out.

On the other hand, the peacocks were busting like crazy on the south side of Kemoo Island. No less than 200-300 came up at once. The water turned white for about 30 yrd. x 30 yrds. The biggest bust I've seen!

ssminnow
bass level

Postby ssminnow » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:08 pm

Looks like the water level stopped dropping. Fished today and the level
was the same as Friday with 17 concrete slabs above water.
I noticed a concrete monument on the south side of boys scout island
with a 60 on it. Must be the 60' water level?

I went out today to check out the schooling tucs at Kemoo Island but
only saw many short bust from boys scout island to the dam. I could never get into any of the bust, so I gave up on that.

Then I hooked up to a good tuc at the Flower Gardens and as I was
fighting the fish, the tucs bustted only 5' in front of my bow.
What bad timing. Anyway I landed the tuc and it was 21".

Yes, Badbass, I'm the guy you met at the ramp.
I told you I only read this forum so I thought I better post something.
See you at the lake soon.

BadBass
master baiter level

Postby BadBass » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:18 pm

Hahaha.... I Almost missed you talking to me. You knew i would find this lol. Nice meeting you at the ramp. I injoy meeting others with my same addiction. 21" Tuc wow i have yet to hook one of them up. How heavy would that weigh?
Well hopefully we meet again.

Aloha,
Badbass
one badbass fisherman

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:48 pm

I just checked the north fork. The water level is up a few feet but its flowing fairly fast. Really brown as well. Fishing quality may suffer some for a few days till the level stabilizes and clears.....

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:16 pm

On Friday there were 11 slabs showing. This morning (Sat) Chris said there were only 5 showing... When they got back around 3:00 only part of 1 slab was still dry.

And "yes" the fishing was really slow.
:(
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”