2 for one

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

2 for one

Postby BASSTRACKER » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:19 pm

saturday wasnt on fire but caught a few none the less.almost made stans cichlid sweep,got one of everything but a white one.caught a nice bass that thrue the hook near the boat,real bummer looked about 2 lbs or better.had some tucs chase rapalas but back off at the last moment,they were up in south fork, didnt see any in the main basin. caught a nice bass off a point on a crankbait,was hooked pretty bad took bout 3 or 4 minutes of intense surgery to get him off safely. by the time i had gotten him off i was maybe 100ft or so off the point almost to the other bank from the wind.then retied and motored back over with the trolling motor.maybe 8 to 10 min between fish and the next cast. i thrue bout 6 more times along the point then tried a creature bait as a follow up. got nailed on the first cast! ill be damned if it wasnt the same bass, faught harder but when i got him up same red upper teeth and a distinctive wart on the inside of his mouth.swam 100ft and was still hungry even with the sore mouth! hahaha.seemed to be a thermocline at 10ft, everything below showed dead water on the finder.fished seemed to be keying on depth changes more than cover,all that grass in the water and nothing in there! trees to no takers in the wood all my fish came off depth features where it dropped off rapidly.

fisher dude
King Sushi level

bass tracker

Postby fisher dude » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm

hows the south fork up by the intermediate the last time i whent there there wasnt water and the water was brown just wondering if the water cleared up yet info would be nice i dont have to go all the way around from the north to south fork just to check the water color or turn around?

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

Postby BASSTRACKER » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:19 pm

water is bout 10ft deep with a good brown stain to it.not super muddy but maybe tea color with lure disappearing about 1ft down. might be less in the cove didnt venture back in there. im sure if it drops it will get muddier and the cove by the itermediat school will proboly go dry again.

Return to “Fishing Reports”