Just fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Just fishing

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:33 pm

I was up at the lake for a few hours this week just testing some stuff on the boat and just happened to have a few live bait along. Over at Morgan's Pt. I pulled up and tossed a live mosquito fish into the water. Hook up. A 2 pound tuke. A few minutes later I got another one, same size. You could see the fish swimming along the shore. Once, one chased the small batifish right up onto dry land. Next I hooked a bass about 2 pounds, then another tuke. Total fishing time, 15 minutes. I dumped the bucket of leftover bait overboard....... and a couple of tukes charged in and grabbed some of the slower ones as they headed for shore. Good fishing.

Stan

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:59 pm

Is there any way to access Morgans point from land? I don't have access to a boat and have been putzing around the launch area with not so hot results.

I am finally signed up to get kayak certified so I can rent kayaks through UH...but that's not till the 23rd and I'll be out again Saturday.

Mahalo, Jamie

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:45 am

I was wondering about that. I use to see people drive into there through the pineapple fields. I never did, and I don't know if you still can.

If I was using my kayak, I think I would launch behind Kemoo Farm, over near the dam. You can access the lake right behind the Military Tenting place in the parking lot by Subway. That's where Leon use to have his boat rental place.

It's a steep hill, but the trail is good and the rope hand rails are still up. The water is way down from his boat dock, but we stop there to go up for lunch from time to time. Sure save you a lot of time and distance reaching Morgans pt.

It's also a great fishing spot using live bait. Last week we saw several big tukes when we stopped for lunch.

Aloha,
Stan

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:21 pm

Thanks Stan. So I come from town and get of at the Wahiawa exit. I have no idea where Subway is, or this launch area is.

Here's a lovely map I made, as you can tell it's very high tech. Do I have it correct? The Star is Subway, according to Mapquest.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:29 pm

Well, you got Morgan's Pt. right. Just kidding. OK, insted of getting off H-2 at EXIT #8..... keep going straight. Your map shows that H-2 ends and turns into Wilikina Dr.......... Keep going.... it curves on around the west side of the lake. The 3rd stop light should be the main gate to Schofield Bks on your left. Just past that you'll see some low reddish brown buildings on your right. That's Kemoo Farm. The last store in that building is Subway. Turn right at the end of the building. Along side the road is a public parking lot bordered with cement telephone poles painted in a rainbow of colos. Red Yellow Green Blue.....
closer to the lake under the trees you'll see what looks like a one car garage. "Military Tenting". they do car window tenting. Right beside his shop is a trail down to the lake. Check it out. On your map Kemoo Farm is at the very left side just to the left of that little island. (Kemoo Island)

Stan

Modest_Man
bass level

Postby Modest_Man » Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks Stan, I know where those colored cement blocks are. Guess it's all Mapquest's fault then eh? I just put in Subway in Wahiawa and that's where it came up... :P

Return to “General Discussion”