saturday.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

saturday.

Postby BASSTRACKER » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:22 pm

windy, cold . major busts all around boy scout island.i chased busts from 8 till 10 with only one fish to show finally gave up. tons of tucs but nothing i had worked i changed lures like 12 times.swimbaits,prop baits,spoons........... my boat looked like a tackle box exploded,was a guy fly fishing near the highway and they were just out of his range.im sure live bait free lined would have worked where lures failed.after losing my mind i moved further along caught mixed bag. a small bass on a crank,a 4lb tuc slow rolling a spinnerbait.few red devils on cranks.never did really get much goin but the tuc was my biggest of the yr so far and made it alllllll so worth while.by afternoon the tucs where gone, get em early!

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Thats actually a pretty good mixed bag on a day like today BT! Congrats. After a long hiatus since October, we got there after 2. The wind was blowing and the water was about 70. We headed up north but I guess the water is too shallow up there, did see a ton of koi though. Huge monsters too. Came back to the main basin, worked south from broken pole pass(pineapple field) all the way to boy scout. Only one red devil. There were small busts here and there but only for a second then pau. Tucs were parked in the shallows here and there, with no interest what so ever in multiple lure varieties. Couple of LMB chased but thats it.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:49 pm

Congrats on the 4 pounder. Makes me want to try after reading that post.

Return to “Fishing Reports”