Sunday, Mar 29th - Good Fishin'

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

bassnman
minnow level

Sunday, Mar 29th - Good Fishin'

Postby bassnman » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Fishing was good this past Sunday. . . caught 20+ tucs throughout the day. Largest was five pounds with the average being around 2 pounds. Several different techniques worked as the fish responded to live bait and lures. The tucs were busting baitfish on the surface along the long stretch north of Boy Scout Island. They chased lures, but would not commit. Best luck was free spooling a live minnow on light line. When the surface activity slowed down, you could pull up to a point and fish deeper with a live minnow and get bit. In search of larger fish, I headed towards the dam and pulled up to some grassy areas and caught 5-6 more, all bigger in size than the schooling fish. These fish were right on the bank and ate live minnows flipped into the grass. . . maybe they were getting ready to spawn. Note the hump on head:

All in all, a great day to be on the lake! ':D'
Good fishin'!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:24 am

Nice going Bassman..... We saw a few that looked like they were trying to spawn too.

Seems like you have it figured out.... keep moving and keep trying new things. Sure payed off for you. :D
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Dang! Its really hot or miss lately with the fishing. When I'm working its hit, when I'm off, its miss! One day the planets will align for me! :roll:

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:36 pm

bassnman:Nice!!! I haven't seen to many large fish this year. Don't know where they are hiding.

roadwarriorsvt: Let me know when you are off, then I know when not to go, just joking. I know what you mean, everytime I get a chance to go, it is raining, cold, and windy. I must be getting desperate because I went last weekend even though I normally wouldn't go when the weather was like it was.

Return to “Fishing Reports”