Kayak Catch 1-25-09

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Kayak Catch 1-25-09

Postby Pegasus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:31 pm

Here are a couple of pictures of my biggest tuc at 6lbs. Caught him from my kayak using live talapia as bait. I would like to thank Matt for being close by and taking my picture from his kayak. He also included a little of his finger in the pictures at no extra charge ! Maybe he could get a little help from Stan with his photography.

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:11 pm

WOW Congrats on your nice Tuc. Due to recent back surgery I can't even lift my 40 pound canoe onto my truck, lifting limit at 20 pounds ARGH. Going thru fishing withdrawls.
ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:20 pm

Hey Uncle Ji, are you working now or are you mostly recovering at home? If you're not working, I'm free to fish almost every day...except days when my uncles has their day off (I think it is Mondays and Wednesdays)...which I will spend with them...but I can fish 5 out of 7 days of the week :lol:

If I toss your Lil Vindi onto your truck, we can meet up with Stan at the lake and chase some peacock and reds on the fly rod :wink: Then we can go back to your place and chase some more awaawa, kaku and awa on the fly rod too :lol:

As far as I know, Stan is now retired and he can fish whenever :wink:

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:04 pm

I think you had him put his finger there so it wouldn't show how you've tricked out your kayak. :wink:

Well, we can take care of that.... :twisted:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:57 pm

Here you go...no charge.
Remember, you get what you pay for.
:lol:
I was working with the (Small) file. Do you have the origional?

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:40 pm

Thats a sweet tuc man! Looks like he could get your kayak up on plane! :D

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks for the nice crop job Stan. And I thought taking pictures of the Cub Scouts was your specialty. I have the original that was taken with my 2 mgpxl phone camera. I downloaded it to my wifes computer then sent it to myself as an attachment to an email. Maybe that is where the small size came from. I am no expert at this. I was just happy that I got them onto the site. As far as tricking out my kayak, necessity is the mother of invention. Went for a paddle/fish trip late Wed afternoon and saw Chris going out. Went to Boy Scout Island and had a few blow up on by surface plug, but no takers. No action on the talapia either. Had minor surface boils after 5pm but still no takers. Was a beautiful end to the day anyway !

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:47 am

Chris caught 2 over 2 pounds. His friends had lots of blowups, but set the hook too quickly.

Chris said to wait till you feel the fish and then just keep reeling. The fish will set the hook.... also, if you miss and jerk the lure out of it's mouth... the lure is still in the area where the fish is and it can keep chasing it.

That's hard to do when those big peacock bass blow up on your lure.... you just want to rear back and cross their eyes. LOL

Yea, those cell phone pictures are good if you don't want a picture over 3x5.

pisces
bait level

Postby pisces » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:59 pm

John,

I'm glad to see you got your trophy tuc posted finally so everyone can enjoy the beauty. It really was impressive. I put my finger in the shot because that may be the only way I get in a picture with a tuc that size.

Matt

Adam Sandoval
bait level

Nice

Postby Adam Sandoval » Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:36 pm

Very nice! I can't wait to take my kayak out. Waiting for new fly rod to arrive from bass pro before I head out.
Adam

Return to “Fishing Reports”