Our Young Anglers

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Our Young Anglers

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:10 am

Our Young Anglers

One of the bright spots at Lake Wilson are all the kids. Our future fishermen. When we return to the boat launch ramp each afternoon, there is usually group of young anglers to greet us. Smiling faces ask about what we caught.... tell us who reported catching what and where..... and share with us their own catch reports from there at the fishing park.

One 10 year old is always the first to race down to the boat. He always offers to help hold the rope or hook up the boat after it's driven on to the trailer. I'll usually offer to give him any leftover live bait, or ask if he has enough fish hooks. His help with the boat is always welcome. My son, Chris, has made the time to take him fishing a time or two.... and is impressed with his angling skill.

Yesterday I was handed some photographs... so I would like to introduce you to 10 year old Dougie and some of his friends. As you can see, if you have questions about fishing Lake Wilson, the person to see is Dougie.....

Dougie with a 7 pound peacock bass caught at the boat ramp....
Wahiawa State Freshwater Fishing park.

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:57 pm

Cool! Nice fish to!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:31 am

I met Dougie yesterday when I was launching the Stratos. He said "This is the second nicest boat I've seen on the lake!" :lol: Hey, I'll take second anyday. Kids can be so honest! 8)

OahuDave
bass level

Postby OahuDave » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 am

roadwarriorsvt wrote:I met Dougie yesterday when I was launching the Stratos. He said "This is the second nicest boat I've seen on the lake!" :lol: Hey, I'll take second anyday. Kids can be so honest! 8)

That's great! Hah. Yeah my 5 year old says the darnedest things, sometimes embarrassing, sometimes funny as heck, but always honest. :)

Great pics. Only been to Wilson once in my kayak about 2 months ago and no bites. Not giving up tho.
Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao; pa`a ka waha.

Return to “General Discussion”