Red devils

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ken
King Sushi level

Red devils

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:22 pm

I read that red devils like crawfish. Has anyone tried to fish for them with plastic crawfish? How about using whole small shrimps or crabs? I'm just trying to see if there are alternate ways to catch them. :D

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:13 pm

I've used ultra light crawfish lures. Sometimes they hit almost anything. One guy only uses small Rapala lures. I was catching today with small streamer flys.

Normally I use small minnows. Funny thing about red devils. one day they fight over anything you toss at them.... other days the run away.
Strange..... but fun to catch.

Stan

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Mon Aug 28, 2006 5:22 pm

Thank you very much Stan! I have these really small 1" plastic crawfish that may do the job. :D

JeffFaulkner
bass level

Postby JeffFaulkner » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:43 am

So I have moved back to the mainland and am fishing constantly. I went to Bass Pro Shops in Vegas yesterday. It was lke I was in Mecca.

I fished Wilson right before we left and I boated 25 Red Devils and Bluegill. The magic lures that day was a Chartruese Road Runner and then a pink grub on a 1/16 oz jig head. I caught 4 fish on 6 casts. I have used that lure and had good success on both those.

Good Luck
'Piscatur non solum Piscator' ~ There’s more to fishing than catching fish

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:10 am

How is fishing on Lake Mead? You need to start a new thread and tell us all about your adventures. That way, when the weather cools off a little and those big stripers are schooling...... we can all come visit you.........

LOL
Stan

Return to “General Discussion”