Lazy bass

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Boatless
King Sushi level

Lazy bass

Postby Boatless » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:34 am

You guys think its possible for the Tucs to get "lazy" with all the easy food being offered by us live baiters? Especially at Blue boat Point? I ask because I havent had a hit on a lure or a fly in a long time. This isn't a live-bait bashing topic, just curious.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:16 am

I was also wondering about that... There have been times when lures out fished live bait. Probably most of the time live bait works best. Sure does when you have a person who doesn't know anything about fishing. LOL

The HFFA only allows lures in the tournament. Last week everyone caught fish. Not the numbers we've been catching with live bait by any means. But some nice fish.

Some people like to use only lures, others like to only use live bait, and some will try both. Some people are only happy when they catch large numbers of fish. Others only go for the big ones. Then there are anglers who don't really care if they catch a fish or not.

Peacock bass eat smaller fish.... makes no difference if it's baby bluegill along the shore, schools of shad in the middle of the lake, or minnows at Blue Boat Point. They will go where the food is. I guess it's really all up to the angler to decide if they want to use live bait or their skill and an artifical lure to try and fool the fish.

"Match the hatch."
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:20 pm

Somedays I catch more on artificial. You just need to start back at square one and look at whats going on were your fishing.
I bet I could go to Blue boat with artificial and catch anytime.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

to bait or not to bait

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:28 pm

I agree with Larry, it might be just the matter of finding the right techinque. Maybe you just have to only use lures and you will be forced to come up with something.

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:21 am

I guess what I was asking was once you start live baiting (any non specific area) and the bass start their feeding frenzy, they get lazy and not chase after lures? I know their is no scientific way to prove this and skill level might be a factor. Just curious.

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:25 pm

In my opinion, the answer would be no, they do not get lazy, picky, wary or smarter. Just got to find the right techinque. If they are schooling and in a frenzy, they compete with each other and it should be easier. For example, you can double up (unless it is a weekend) by dragging your lure around a hooked fish.

Return to “General Discussion”