thursday 17th lake report.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

thursday 17th lake report.

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:16 pm

some early morning busts here and there to the west of boyscout island,course always out of range and not lasting more then a sec or two.still managed a few hit, but by 8:30 winds came up and all surface action ceased.water visibilty moderate ranging from 1ft near ramp to 2ft near dam.moderate stain all over.water lvl bout 70ft pool.saddle between boyscout island and mainland nearly dry,impassable by boat.cove next to ramp maybe 3ft deep at best. good bite goin just the same lotsa fish mixed bag on mixed lures little bit of everything worked and im sure live bait would have done well.all i needed was a smallie and pongee and i would have hit the grand slam.seemed to have problems keeping em hooked i lost as many as i caught often right at the boat enough to see and damn some were weigh worthy! at leats 3 had tags all bass all in the 2lb range. i was fishing in the 7-10ft range and doing well but noticed that when i used a crankbait always hooked em on the front treble only,sure sign they were hitting from below. i stayed in upper water column anyway i mean it was working why change!for the weekend warriors i recommend early or late it was hooooooooot and wind made hard postioning with a boat. good luck!

Return to “Fishing Reports”