rain out

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

DBL'D
angler level

rain out

Postby DBL'D » Sat May 24, 2008 1:37 pm

we went out wednesday and caught nothing fishing to the broken down bridge on the south fork? we were using live bait.the water was 79.9 on the way up to boy scout island we stop at some busting fish and got a two pound red talapia looking fish after that we hit the points and caught more nothing then the rain started and didnt let up so we left

DBL'D
angler level

n o reply o help me do better on our lake

Postby DBL'D » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:39 pm

i am a good fisher,man and need help please reply

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:10 pm

Today, Monday afternoon, there was a guy sitting at Blue Boat Point using a spinning rod. He was using what we call a Glitter Strip rig. ( Main line tied to a swivel then a small torpedo lead weight. Another swivel, a 3 to 5 foot leader and then a small streamer type fly.... Also works good using a #10 AH hook and a twister tail or glitter strip.

He was just casting out away from the point and retrieving with a slow pumping action. Letting the rig sink deeper. He said he had tried using the feather and a floating bubble near the surface, but they wouldn't hit it. That's why he switched to a sinking rig. I watched him catch several nice ones before I moved on.

Normally the guys use live bait at Blue Boat Point and Morgans Pt. but he didn't have any.

I use a spinning rod with 6 or 8 pound test line. A #10 AH hook, and sometimes a BB size lead weight. I catch mosquito fish or tilapia for bait. lately I'm been buying the "Large" or "Medium" size "feeder fish. (Mollies at Moanalua Pets in Stadium mall over by the Ice Palace.

Hook them through the lips from bottom to top and let them swim. Be careful, they know the dangers and seek the thickest cover they can get into.... I do loose lots of hooks.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “Fishing Reports”