on my way!!!

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Justin
bait level

on my way!!!

Postby Justin » Thu May 25, 2006 6:52 pm

Hey guys, It's just about time to for me to leave boring South Dakota and make my way to hawaii for 2 weeks!!! Pretty pumped to come catch some peacocks! Any last minute advise for me would be greatly appreciated. Would I do alright from the shore, or should I get a guide??? How far in advance would I have to make resevations if I did get a guide, anybody know? I will be flying out this coming tuesday. Think the peacocks will still be spawning?

JeffFaulkner
bass level

If you got the money get a guide.

Postby JeffFaulkner » Thu May 25, 2006 9:54 pm

You'll catch some from the shore, but you;ll most likely slay them in a boat. For guide info go to http://hawaiibassfishing.com/default.asp?nc=6333&id=4. That is the best advice I could give you. I went with Chris and had a blast. We caught a bunch of fish and I learned alot on the trip enough to know how to get some from the shore on later trips.

Good luck.
'Piscatur non solum Piscator' ~ There’s more to fishing than catching fish

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

coming to hawaii

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Sun May 28, 2006 10:54 pm

I agree with Jeff, you should hire a guide if you can afford one, especially if you have not caught peacockbass before. It is difficult getting around on the bank when the water is high like it is now. Going on a boat will save you a lot of time and trouble. After that, you can try from shore. I think it is easier to catch peacockbass from shore than on a boat, unless the fish are hard to find. In that case, you will need to cover a lot of water. The peacockbass are spawning now and should be doing so for most of the summer. Good luck!

Return to “General Discussion”