Let's Go Fishing's Lake Wilson Episode

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

SeaEagleKayaker
bass level

Let's Go Fishing's Lake Wilson Episode

Postby SeaEagleKayaker » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Tonight I saw KHON 2 Broadcast Episode 102 of Let's Go Fishing.

"It’s father and son time in Wahiawa on Lake Wilson. Days like this, families’ will always remember."

How did they catch so many fish in 2 hours? Or, was it the magic of television?

Stan Wright was featured. When was it made? What's the scoop?

Filthyfisherman
King Sushi level

Postby Filthyfisherman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:16 pm

Just watched it Online.... My question is,, how did they got shots of the banks without trash on it? LOL!!! Would love to get on that show! Filmed and aired last year in August? This August should be even better!!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:38 pm

:D
I don't remember exactly when the show was filmed... A few years ago?
Several of the guys were taking their kids fishing after work (Blue Boat) and on weekends, and they were all catching fish like crazy... Even I was consistently catching fish.

So I figured that would be a great story line for a TV show. "Kids and Dads Fishing".

I called Ben Wong, host of the show and ask if he would be interested?

A... The fishing action was hot.
B... We had lots of Kids and Dads that knew what they were doing and could produce lots of fish.
C... It was pretty much guarantee action.

Ben and I arranged a time and I put the word out to everyone.
"Let's Go Fishing is going to be at Morgans Pt on Wednesday afternoon at 4:00... everyone is welcome. We want to see kids catching fish."

Well, you saw all the boats lined up there when we arrived. Ben had more than enough video of "fishing action" in the first 1/2 hour. There were double, triple even 4 or 5 guys hooked up at once.

The next hour was devoted to getting shots of us tagging a fish and interviews with different people... the tackle they were using, how they rigged their lines, the type of bait used...

It's the type of show everyone could identify with. We remember when we went fishing with our dad or grand father, or mom took us fishing, or how we take our kids and grandkids fishing.

So, you want to be on the TV Fishing Show? It's easy. Just call them up and invite them to go fishing. They don't ask you, you invite them to share your type fishing.

The hardest part of doing the "Spawning Peacock Bass" show was arranging a day that Chris and Dougie could both fish. The Peacock were spawning, both guys were good fishermen, it was a slam dunk they could get enough action for a show.

I already spoke with Ben... we're just waiting for the fishing action to heat up again. My grand daughter (age 9) wants to do a show to teach people how to catch peacock bass. She hasn't decided if she wants to use lures, or live bait, spinning rods or long extension poles.
Or go cat fishing... or red devils... or catching everything.
Well, I guess it isn't going to be as easy as I thought.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:09 pm

Here is the link:

http://benwongtv.com/episodes.php?id=102

Stan, I'm guessing it was filmed CIRCA 2007-2008. I saw Larry fishing with you guys. I started fishing with him in 2009 then he returned to the mainland in 2010.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:43 am

memories... I sure do wish I was back. Thanks for the heads up Tommy! I hope all is well with you Stan!

Return to “General Discussion”