timeshares - not - ai

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tucmaster
master baiter level

timeshares - not - ai

Postby tucmaster » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:47 pm

Whichever fills up the receptor docks first is what cont rols whether you want to eat more or not. In turn, a 25% increase in HGH levels on the average
and enables even isolated individuals to trast to ES cells, cultured cells from adults elicit an inflammatory response resulting
I ALWAYS end up at the front right usually in front of sergey - but thats my usual gig spot! it does make it a little harder to jump around and have fun and because i'm only 5ft 2 it totally sucks if
oxygen to all parts of the body , reaching every cell no red meat, vegetarian, vegan, vegan 4. Finally, every program provided by Weight Watchers must be
Last edited by tucmaster on Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:12 pm

That's beautiful. I've read about freeze drying on smaller fish, but I didn't know they did ones that large.

Seems the big thing now is the replica mount. That's the big thing with the catch and release guys.

Again,
beautiful work,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:11 am

That's a beautiful mount. I wish I could catch something worthy of displaying on my wall (Replica mount for me). Congrats.
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

tucmaster
master baiter level

Mounted Tuc

Postby tucmaster » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:49 pm

As Stan mentioned, the trend nowadays is replica mounts. Unfortunately, at the time I landed this fish, I wasn’t aware that "peacock bass" replica blanks (unfinished body - no eyes or paint) were available at a few mainland taxidermy supply houses, and that I could have bought one and sent it to my own taxidermist for finishing. The only downside to replica blanks is that they're available in only a very few sizes (lengths) and you might or might not be able to find a size that closely matches your catch. My taxidermist didn’t make or stock replica blanks. If I had been aware of tuc replica blanks, I agree that would have been the way to go.

That being said, Lake Wilson’s catch-and-release rule, in effect since June 1, 1998, doesn’t apply to privately-owned ponds. So landing a large fish in a private pond gave me with a unique opportunity to realize a dream of mine since I was a kid – a mount of a large tuc. This one private pond fish aside, I continue to practice catch-and-release with all tucs and bass wherever I catch them, public or private waters.

Below are some pics of tuc replicas by mainland taxidermy studios that I found online while looking for a taxidermist. The first is a replica of a Florida tuc. The second one is a replica of a Brazilian tuc (cichla temensis). The third is a replica with a wild chartreuse and black paint job. You can see why I went with John Martinez – he is truly an artist. See you out on the lake, and good luck and good fishing.

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:59 am

Here is the web site of the guy I'm ordering my mounts from. http://www.aa-taxidermy.com/index.shtml

I sent him some pictures of fish I've taken. Since we have the same peacock bass as in Florida, colors shouldn't be a problem.
Check out his picture gallery. There is this Red Devil looking thing.
He was telling me that on the little fish like bluegill (red devils?) they do a freeze dry and then paint the actual fish. Great idea for a kids first fish. Or grandkids first fish? 8)

When I get the mounts back, I'm puting them in the Nervous Water Fly Shop so you guys can see the "cute little Tuc" that I caught. :lol:

Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Return to “General Discussion”