State buys gailbraith trust land

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

State buys gailbraith trust land

Postby BASSTRACKER » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 am

So the state purchased 1500 acres from the trust, gonna keep it Ag so they say, donated 500 acre to kam school? Around the birth stones. So does this mean they own the lake now? It was part of the trust and on that land parcel ? What does this mean to us I wonder .

Baires722
King Sushi level

Postby Baires722 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah I read the same thing. The rest of the land they're supposed to lease to farmers to grow crops. Also heard their supposed to develop some kind of irrigation system to water all those crops. The million dollar question is, where do they plan on getting the water to irrigate these crops? The closest water source is Lake Wilson. Sounds like trouble for the lake if you ask me.
"Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught" -Unknown Author

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 am

My neighbor is hoping the State buys the land up the north fork since he is only leasing from Dole. When/if the State buys it, he'd been talking with State officials about a LONG term lease. If he gets that, I will (hopefully) be given a LONG term sub-lease. Heck, his property may even be a part of that 1500 acres already!
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:34 am

Baires722 wrote:The million dollar question is, where do they plan on getting the water to irrigate these crops?

Thats not a million dollar question. Thats a $.50 question at best. You already know the answer.
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Return to “General Discussion”