Small Tukes by the Dozen

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Small Tukes by the Dozen

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:22 am

A trout fisherman from Colorado told me they add up the total length of the "small" trout they catch. "I caught 38 inches of trout today"
Well I caught 33 feet, 4 inches of peacock bass in three hours.
( 50 peacock bass x 8 inches each) Check my math!

They were around any brush and log that was along the shore. I also found them in the very shallow water on the muddy points. They were striking any small streamer fly I tossed at them. You just have to fish it FAST. I also caught tiny largemouth and some red devils. I tried lures, and caught a few on the small 2" Pinn's Minnow.... but the fastest action was with small streamer flys.
There were a few larger fish, 2 pounds or so, that chased the fly but wouldn't take it.

Saw lots of larger fish that were just not interested in anything. With the rising water levels I guess any peacock bass that are still spawning were too deep to spot.
Water visibility was 3 or 4 feet.
Stan
Picture of one of my "larger" fish.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:02 pm

I caught 44 in under 3 hours on memorial day. It was the most fun I have ever had on the lake.

hitoshe
angler level

Postby hitoshe » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:52 pm

my wife and i went a couple days ago, and the small tukes were hitting anything small enough to fit in their mouths that was retrieved relatively fast, so had to increase size of bait or lure to even get a chance at the larger ones. good fun anyways!

Return to “Fishing Reports”