Tues. 7 Apr.

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Tues. 7 Apr.

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:55 pm

We caught 7 or 8 peacock bass. The largest about 3 pounds. Probably caught twice that many red devils. Caught several catfish, an oscar and another one of those "peach color looking" red devils. :lol:

I forgot to get your email address, get back to me so I can send you all your pictures. Thanks for a fun day on the water.
Aloha,
Stan

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:59 pm

Yea, you caught so many fish because I wasn't out on the lake! When I'm stuck at work is when the fish are biting! :roll:

I went for about 3 hours Sun. afternoon. Caught 3 red devils (numerous strikes) and one peacock.

Pegasus
King Sushi level

Postby Pegasus » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Went out Wed. am. Picked up a total of 7 tucs and one largemouth. Several of the tucs had the hump. Biggest one 3lbs. The largemouth was not even one lb, but he inhaled a talapia that was 1/3 his size. so much for the big bait - big fish theory. Got my first fish on a Texas rigged worm. Not a tuc.... but a catfish ! Calm wind in the morning, so it was a good day to be in a kayak. Just worked the bank and got some good strong strikes !

Boatless
King Sushi level

Postby Boatless » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:40 am

That oscar or cichlid looks pretty huge or is it the camera angle?

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:52 am

Boatless wrote:That oscar or cichlid looks pretty huge or is it the camera angle?

You have to remember that a professional photographer was taking the pictures :lol:

But that is still one big oscar :shock:

Return to “Fishing Reports”