New to the board

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Ken
King Sushi level

New to the board

Postby Ken » Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:23 am

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on the board for a few months and finally decided to log on :lol: . I'm from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We only have freshwater fishing here :lol: . I fish for most freshwater species...including largemouth and smallmouth bass, bluegills and rainbow trout. I'll have a few pictures posted below to share.

I'm planning to visit Hawaii to visit my grandma, uncles, aunts and cousins next May-June. I'll be there for 2 months. I'll be spending most of my time fishing and snorkeling. :D

I've been to Lake Wilson once on my last trip to Hawaii 6 years ago. I was only there for 2 hours. Didn't have anything to hit my lures, but I did see a 6lb male tuc pushing tilapia up against the boat ramp, and then rushing up to try to get one of them. I was unreal!!! :shock:

I'll keep reading the site for techniques and reports. Sound like I'll be fishing the better times of the year for the tucs. Maybe I can meet up with some of you next year and we can share some shorelines, some laughs and some fishing stories.

Well, here are some pics as promised. They are all from Canada.

4lb Largemouth...caught 10 years ago...my biggest so far.

3lb Smallmouth...caught last summer...my biggest so far.

8lb brown trout...caught last fall...my biggest is 15lbs. This was in November...it's about -5C at night...and I caught this fish at 1am in the morning.

5lb rainbow trout...caught in May...my biggest is 8lbs.

9" bluegill...caught in April...it's still pretty cold in April...about 10C or so.

10lb carp...caught about 6 years ago in September. Strong river current + 10lb carp = really good fight! :lol:

1.5lb largemouth and 22" pike...caught on Monday :lol: Going fishing again tomorrow to find more.

Hope you liked them.

skunked
King Sushi level

Postby skunked » Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:21 pm

Wow, that's quite an assortment of fish there! Nice catches!
Fishing is fun only if you do it for fun.Image www.texassidewinderrods.com

phunkyone808
angler level

Postby phunkyone808 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:27 am

Nice pics......and welcome to the boards....I'm new here also.......been on the islands for a while.....you should try spear diving in the ocean too.that's real fun.......

Anyways .........Aloha !

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:50 am

Nice pictures. I don't know which impresses me more, all those fish you caught or your ability to figure out how to post pictures......

LOL
Stan

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome! I do like to fish for a wide variety of fish...that's one reason why I'm going to Hawaii...to expand on the number of species that I can catch. :D

I was just fishing this weekend in a place called Haliburton. My friend and I were fishing for the mighty musky. I missed a 30"+ fish when it striked right beside the boat. But here's two that were caught by my friend on Saturday.

35" musky

The release picture

41" x 16" musky

And again the release picture

And a couple of bass from myself and my friend

Hope you like these new pics!

Stan: I post on other boards that are set up in the same way so I'm familiar with how to post pictures on this board. :D

Return to “General Discussion”