Morgans Point???

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Morgans Point???

Postby Stan Wright » Thu May 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I heard...... that this last week........ the action was hot and heavy at Morgans Point. Catching lots and lots of peacock bass on live bait just like last summer. Hay, that's what I heard...... so before I go out and catch/buy a bunch of live bait......
Can anyone confirm?

Chris has had good luck on lures, but he doesn't like to use live bait. And he won't tell me anything. (something about me sharing all his "secret spots") No Sense Of Humor.....
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue May 20, 2008 11:33 am

Sunday afternoon after the bass tournament ended, Chris met two of his friends and headed for Morgan's Pt. They had a bucket full of live bait.

From 5:00 to 6:00 they caught a few peacock bass and some largemouth.
Then, a little after 6:00 every thing busted loose. Everyone was catching on every cast. The three of them would each hook on a live bait and count... 1, 2, 3, CAST...... and see who would hook the first fish.... whitch usually took less than 15 or 20 seconds.

Other anglers joined them on the point and every one was catching. He said most of the fish were between 1 1/2 to 2 pound peacock bass.

The action was still going strong when they left at 6:45.

Lrry93
King Sushi level

Postby Lrry93 » Tue May 20, 2008 2:16 pm

Stan, stop telling stories and getting peoples hopes up :wink: There are no fish in Lake Wilson let lone Morgans!!!! 8)

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Tue May 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Larry,
Chris called and said they had good luck today. He has the boat again tomorrow... I'll get the bait, what time should I meet you?
LOL
Stan

Return to “Fishing Reports”