Report From The Lake - Memorial Day Weekend

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

tucmaster
master baiter level

Report From The Lake - Memorial Day Weekend

Postby tucmaster » Mon May 29, 2006 10:30 pm

The lake level is high and the water is clear. The water temp is warm and the tucs are active. My brother-in-law and I had some exciting sight fishing action, lobbing our baits at cruising tucs. We released seventeen runts under a pound, eighteen between 1-2 lbs., six between 2-3 lbs., and two 3 lb. fish. We didn't see a tuc larger than 3 lbs. - the big ones are probably sitting on beds. I released a 5 lb. channel cat, and also caught a 9-inch oscar.

The past couple of trips, we've seen at least one skinny sick-looking tuc in the 2-3 lb. range swimming slowly in a straight line at the surface, with their backs out of the water, in the middle of the lake. They didn't show any interest in live bait and didn't run away even when the bait was thrown right on top of them.

Not much else to report. Good luck and good fishing.

chris16
bass level

hey!

Postby chris16 » Wed May 31, 2006 8:06 am

i also went out the whole weekend i went out 4 day in a row, on friday i had 12 tucs and my dad had 16 then on saturday i went out with my dad again he had 15 tucs and i had 30 on sunday i went out with my dad again he had 10 and i had 6 i had one tuc that was in the 6 pound range. then on monday i went out with my friend plugging i hooked up 6 wih plastic jerkbaits and 2 with livebait. my friend hooked up 7 with jerkbaits and 5 on livebait. it was a very fun fishing weekend, the water was sp clean and clear i couls see fish all over.

ChRiS

jacob16
bait level

Postby jacob16 » Wed May 31, 2006 11:19 pm

Wow chris that was a fun day of fishing we ot to plan another trip soon.... see you on the water... and good luck fishing...

Return to “General Discussion”