Lake is Full

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Lake is Full

Postby Stan Wright » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:50 am

Water level is 80 feet high and going over the spillway. Ever notice that "80" concrete marker on the NW corner of Boy Scout Island? I found out recently that's a water level marker. The lake is full at 80 feet. I was told the tower down by the dam is the official measuring site.

Rains last week raised the lake level to the highest I've seen it in a long time. Scattered the fish and made for some slow fishing. All the bait fish are way up in the grass. It's like fishing in a whole new lake.

Water is still being drained... they want to get the level back down to 72 1/2 feet. I've even heard as low as 68 feet. The state is still expecting another "100 Year Flood"..... like last year and the year before. If the lake level is down, they will be able to alert and evacuate the people in Wailua and Haliewa before the flood waters get out of hand.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:36 am

I don't know about you guys, but I seem to catch a lot more fish when the lake is up. Maybe the style I fish causes that. How about the rest of you?

OO7:BASSINASSASSIN
King Sushi level

Postby OO7:BASSINASSASSIN » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:56 am

All I know is that I like to fish the lake at different levels because like Stan said it's a different lake. It is to bad we basically have only one lake to fish(although we have a couple of other options but I don't fish those).

tucmaster
master baiter level

Lake Is Full

Postby tucmaster » Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:42 am

I agree with Ca_Bass - I catch a lot more fish when the water is high. And yes, in my case, it's a result of the style of fishing that I do - from shore, in the grass, with live bait.

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:04 pm

I do all my fishing from a boat, but I like to pound the shore a lot.

Return to “General Discussion”