Oio and bass fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

wlonderee
bait level

Oio and bass fishing

Postby wlonderee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:25 am

Hi all,
The US army is moving me back to the islands in July. I was stationed on Oahu before and I know multiple streams for SMB fishing along with various areas for Oio fishing. I was seeing if anyone on the forum would be interested in fly fishing around Oahu for SMB and Oio with me? Also I am interested in trout fishing deep in the Waimea Canyon or Kokee State Park and would appreciate any contacts anyone knows or recommends on Kauai. Please just PM me any responses.
Thanks,
Bill

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Re: Oio and bass fishing

Postby Stan Wright » Thu May 18, 2017 3:34 pm

Bill,
If your in the military, you have access to one of the best oio fishing spots on Oahu... the flats just Diamond Head side of the Pearl Harbor entrance channel.

As for rainbow Trout, I'll be on Kauai on Opening Day... June 17th, Saturday. Scout Camp starts the next day so our Fly Fishing Merit Badge class will be doing a lot of fishing in the lake only 10 minutes from camp . LOL. There is even an irrigation ditch that runs right beside the camp that we caught trout in last year.

If your interested in trout fishing on Kauai, I suggest getting in touch with the Trout Unlimited Club here on Oahu. If your a TU member, your automatically a member of the Hawaii Chapter. LOL. We have access to a cabin right in the middle of the trout streams you should know about.

You never mentioned peacock bass or Lake Wilson... I'll have to show you around. Once you've caught a peacock bass, you'll forget all about smallmouth.
LOL. LOL. LOL
Aloha,
Stan
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

JonMaxwell
minnow level

Re: Oio and bass fishing

Postby JonMaxwell » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:23 pm

I am always game to catch some fish. I rarely go fishing since being on the island. If you know of other places to go outside of Lake Wilson, hit me up!

Return to “General Discussion”