shore fishing

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

madmatt
bait level

shore fishing

Postby madmatt » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:12 am

Just recently started fishing lake Wilson and have had zero luck while fishing at the boat ramp... Was wondering if anyone could help me out with recommending a better spot to fish from shore. Trying to catch peacock bass and channel cat. Thanks!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:14 pm

:D
You should have been here yesterday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, really, a friend had his friend and 4 boys (age 8 & 9)
Loaded ½ of them into the boat and dropped them off at Kemoo Island. Then went back for the rest.
We had 50 live gold fish (feeder fish from the pet store )
Everyone caught fish. 35 peacock bass, some red devils and a few catfish.
More running around splashing, getting muddy, and having fun than fishing.
Still waiting on Chris for the pictures.
aloha,
Stan

If I didn't have access to a boat, I'd find a place like Kunia Point… "H" on the map. Park along the road at Old Dead Tree.
, "K" and walk down. With the water high right now it may be tough to get to the water for all the grass. But the water level is dropping fast.

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:17 pm

I second what Stan said. "H" has tucs and catfish. There are catfish to be had along "K".

Am I not the tuc master on here but there is a lot of advice posted in the forum that you can search for. Do a search for "catfish" and look for my posts. I use a standard slip sinker rig, 12" leader and circle hook.

Try to get you hands on a kayak. It will open up a whole new world of spots to fish.

By the way, a few weekends ago I had the fishing bug so I woke up early, drove to the lake and enjoyed the 3 Cs at the boat ramp: coffee, cigar and catfish (2 catfish to be exact).

Return to “General Discussion”