Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Bombshell Turtle

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:44 am

"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 am

I think only golf rivals fishing with the amount of "gimmicks" out there to supposedly improve your performance. :roll:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ahnkochee
King Sushi level

Postby Ahnkochee » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 pm

These might work fishing from secluded sandy beaches and fooling papio into thinking they are newborn hatchlings.

ImageIllegitimus Non CarborundumImage

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 pm

That's what they looked like to me... saltwater turtles.
On the other hand, there sure are a lot of turtles up at the lake.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

Ken
King Sushi level

Postby Ken » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:51 am

Try it out and let us know! :D

On the other hand, I don't buy that video at all. You put anything remotely edible looking inside an aquarium of hungry bass and these fish will eat it :roll: Video looks staged (ie...at an aquarium...not a true fishing situation) so I would be more convinced if they actually show a video of a field test, side by side with other lures, and compare the catch rate with this Bombshell Turtle.

I can make a bass eat a cigarette butt if it is hungry enough or I irritate it enough. :roll: I bet you that in the same tank of bass, if you toss in any other lure, they will hit anything and everything regardless. It's nothing more than marketing ploy :roll:

Here's how I would test it...

The test should be done on wild bass, with the same angler casting two identical rods, reels and line combo using two different lures (maybe a senko as the control and the Bombshell Turtle as the test).

The angler can give each lure a test by alternating between them along the same set of shorelines (ie, doing two drifts down the same shoreline), testing 6 locations throughout the day. Places where anglers had made casts should be recorded and fished again on the second drift, regardless of whether the angler caught fish there or not (it could very well be there the fish are not responding to one lure vs. another).

To make it fair, each lure would get the opportunity to be fished on the first first at 3 of 6 locations (since often the first edible thing a fish sees will more likely be hit). So, for Spot A, Turtle fished on first drift, then Senko fished on the second drift on the same shoreline. For Spot B, Senko on first drift and Turtle on second drift...so on and so forth. This gives equal opportunity for the lure to be tested with virgin approach or as a follow up presentation on the second approach.

Just trying to be a voice of reason. I do experiments every day...and when something doesn't seem experimentally right, I do speak up. :lol:
Caution - Objects in picture are smaller than they appear.

I am genetically predisposed to make fish look bigger than they really are.

Life List: 386 species and counting

http://muskiebaitadventures.blogspot.ca ... -list.html

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:31 am

The video is not supposed to be realistic, its supposed to show the product working, without regards to being realistic. Just another marketing ploy.... but you are right Ken, a hungry bass will gulp just about anything given the right conditions. The video is intended to make some desparate Bubba run and order it right away so he can start catching fish! :roll:
Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Ca_Bass
King Sushi level

Postby Ca_Bass » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:07 pm

There's another video of a guy online actually using these things bass fishing in minnesota, not a tank or farm pond. He's drop shotting with em and catching some massive smallies. If I run across a pack at a store I will pick one up and try em out but I'm definately not gonna order them. Would imagine it would be best whenever there are hatchling turtles as far as bass fishing goes..I'm guessing that is spring but I dunno for sure.

Finally got a pack of the Jackal i-shad..been looking for these just didn't want to place an order. Kinda like the Yamamoto shad shape worm but with a larger profile..should be an awesome dropshot bait.

Return to “General Discussion”