giving thanks

main forum

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

BASSTRACKER
King Sushi level

giving thanks

Postby BASSTRACKER » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:24 am

just like to say to the hffa guys involved in the stocking thanks for helping out the lake with this program.really ive been fishing the lake pretty regularly for a long time and the fishing has so greatly improved these last two years.for yrs id count myself lucky to get 1-2 fish and had many trips with nothing. recently and most notably this year many larger fish in the 2-3lb fish with a few around 4 and an average of 5-7fish a trip with many days well over 20 fish!i dunno whats helping there are alot of wild fish spawning and the shad seems the same,whatever it is id like to thank you guys again for the effort you guys make to help it along! its great to be able to get kids to catch fish with litle effort and in short order seeing as most have a lack of patience for hours of fishing.hope these pics make it seem a little more worthwhile im sure im not alone!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Re: giving thanks

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:37 am

BASSTRACKER wrote:im sure im not alone!

You're definitely not alone! I'm very appreciative for the HFFA's efforts to improve our lake so that ALL fishermen can have a better fishing experience.

I know I don't have to tell you to keep these pics in a safe place as they are instant "classics"!!

Stan Wright
King Sushi level

Postby Stan Wright » Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:17 am

:D
You can check out the HFFA Website.....

https://sites.google.com/site/hffa808/home

Yes, the largemouth bass fishing is getting better.
"Why let the truth stand in the way of a good fish story?"

HFFA-TC
bass level

Postby HFFA-TC » Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:07 pm

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

On behalf of the club I would like to thank you for the kind words. But you have to know that part of our efforts are for purely selfish purposes. I still remember how it was in the '70's and '80's (yes, I've been a member since 1975) when lunkers were relatively common. The early morning busts near the shoreline would guarantee your limit before 8am.
You could bring a box of hooks (100 in the box) and run out of them when fishing for tucs with live bait. Ah, for the good old days.

On a side note, DLNR has asked for our help in catching some catfish, koi and talapia. We have tentatively set a date in February and would certainly appreciate some help from you guys. I'll post more details after the Holidays.
See you on the Lake

MIKE

Return to “General Discussion”