tuesday night fishing

Please report your GIANT fish stories here !

Moderators: Stan Wright, roadwarriorsvt

bassfisihin10
minnow level

tuesday night fishing

Postby bassfisihin10 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:58 pm

Bite was on all nice caught 5 catfish kept 3 guy next to me caught nice one but I ended up releasing him after he gave it to me cause he was smaller than the other three. Weighed a total 8 lbs for 3 cats

fisher dude
King Sushi level

Postby fisher dude » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:31 pm

do they bite better at nite? i fish for cats in the evening and had really good action but the two times i tried at nite nothing not even a nibble weird one evening caught 10 cats so figure i would stay till after the sun went down and after the sun went down not a nibble than tried another time on the north fork off my boat and tried different spots and nothing again maybe just the bigger ones are active?

asianmanofmystery
bass level

Postby asianmanofmystery » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:53 pm

This is exactly what I was saying in the other thread...I am on a cold streak. I am told that catfish do not stay in the same place - they move around to where the water, food, etc. is most comfortable for them. Therefore you need to chase their habits to get in a better position for action. Then move spots if nothing is doing. Good job bassfishin.

bassfisihin10
minnow level

Postby bassfisihin10 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:59 pm

im headed out there again tonight so i will give you the update but from my experience in fishing for channel catfish on the mainland and so far here at Wilson, night is the best bet, always go to deep water for the bigger cats!

roadwarriorsvt
King Sushi level

Postby roadwarriorsvt » Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:53 pm

$2.00 for chicken livers from Foodland will be the best money you can spend. The stink balls they sell at Wally World andSports Authority work so-so at best....

Return to “Fishing Reports”